Printer Repair Services in Nairobi and Kenya:
If you’re experiencing issues with your printer and need professional assistance, look no further! Appliance Repair Companies in Nairobi and throughout Kenya are here to provide top-notch Printer Repair Services that will get your printer up and running smoothly again. With their expertise and dedication, they ensure that your printing equipment is back in action, saving you time and frustration.
The Printer Repair Services offered by these companies cover a wide range of printer problems, from paper jams and connectivity issues to print quality concerns and error messages. Their skilled technicians possess the knowledge and experience to diagnose and resolve various printer malfunctions efficiently. Whether you have a laser printer, inkjet printer, or an all-in-one printer, they have the expertise to handle it all.
These companies understand the importance of minimizing downtime and ensuring your printing tasks are completed without interruptions. That’s why they strive to provide quick turnaround times for their Printer Repair Services. They value your time and work diligently to get your printer repaired as soon as possible, so you can continue with your essential printing tasks.
Additionally, these professional repair services offer convenience by providing on-site repairs. You no longer need to worry about transporting your printer to a repair shop. Instead, the technicians will come to your location, whether it’s your home or office, and diagnose and fix the issue on-site. This saves you time and effort, allowing you to focus on other important tasks while your printer is being repaired.
Moreover, Appliance Repair Companies in Nairobi and Kenya ensure the highest quality service for your printer. They use genuine replacement parts, ensuring compatibility and reliability. By using original parts, they guarantee that the repaired printer will deliver optimal performance and longevity. You can have peace of mind knowing that your printer is in the hands of skilled professionals who prioritize quality and customer satisfaction.
In summary, when it comes to Printer Repair Services in Nairobi and Kenya, Appliance Repair Companies offer exceptional expertise and prompt service. With their dedication to resolving printer issues and their commitment to customer satisfaction, you can trust them to bring your printer back to life. Don’t let printer problems hinder your productivity – reach out to these professional repair services and experience the convenience and efficiency they provide.
Printer Repair in Nairobi for all Types of Printers
Printers are essential devices used to produce physical copies of digital documents or images. They come in various types, each catering to specific needs and preferences. Here, we’ll explore some common types of printers:
- Inkjet Printers:
- Description: Inkjet printers are one of the most popular choices for home and small office use. They work by spraying tiny droplets of ink onto paper to create high-quality images and text.
- Advantages: Excellent color reproduction, versatility (can print on various paper types), relatively affordable upfront cost.
- Common Uses: General document printing, photo printing, graphics.
- Laser Printers:
- Description: Laser printers use a laser beam to create an electrostatic image on a photosensitive drum, which is then fused onto the paper using heat. They are known for their speed and precision.
- Advantages: Fast printing, sharp text and graphics, low cost per page, suitable for high-volume printing.
- Common Uses: Office documents, reports, business materials.
- All-in-One Printers (Multifunction Printers):
- Description: These printers combine various functions into a single device, typically including printing, scanning, copying, and sometimes faxing. They are versatile and space-saving.
- Advantages: Convenience, cost-effective, space-saving.
- Common Uses: Home offices, small businesses.
- Dot Matrix Printers:
- Description: Dot matrix printers use a series of pins to strike an ink ribbon, transferring characters onto paper by creating patterns of dots. They are quite outdated but still used in specific applications.
- Advantages: Durability, ability to create multipart forms, low cost per page.
- Common Uses: Invoices, shipping labels, industrial applications.
- 3D Printers:
- Description: 3D printers build three-dimensional objects by layering material (often plastic) based on a digital model. They have revolutionized prototyping and manufacturing.
- Advantages: Ability to create physical prototypes, custom manufacturing, complex shapes.
- Common Uses: Product design, healthcare (custom prosthetics), automotive, aerospace.
- Photo Printers:
- Description: These specialized printers are designed to produce high-quality photo prints with exceptional color accuracy and detail.
- Advantages: Outstanding photo quality, support for various photo paper sizes and finishes.
- Common Uses: Photo enthusiasts, professional photographers.
- Large Format Printers:
- Description: Large format printers, also known as wide-format printers, are capable of printing on oversized sheets or rolls of paper. They are used for creating posters, banners, architectural blueprints, and more.
- Advantages: Ability to produce large-scale graphics and documents.
- Common Uses: Architecture, engineering, advertising, art reproduction.
- Thermal Printers:
- Description: Thermal printers use heat to transfer ink or create an image on specially coated paper. There are two main types: direct thermal (no ribbon required) and thermal transfer (uses a ribbon).
- Advantages: Fast, low-maintenance, widely used in point-of-sale systems.
- Common Uses: Receipts, barcode labels, shipping labels.
- Dye-Sublimation Printers:
- Description: Dye-sublimation printers use heat to transfer dye onto a medium such as paper or plastic, resulting in high-quality, long-lasting color prints.
- Advantages: Excellent color accuracy, durability, ideal for photo booths and specialized printing.
Each type of printer has its own strengths and weaknesses, making it important to choose the right one for your specific printing needs. Advances in printing technology continue to improve the quality, speed, and versatility of these devices, offering users a wide range of options to suit their requirements.
Printer Repair in Nairobi for all Printer Brands
Common Brands of Printers
Printers are essential peripherals for both personal and professional use, allowing us to transform digital documents into physical copies. Various brands have established themselves in the printer market, each offering a wide range of models catering to different needs and preferences. Here are some common brands of printers known for their quality and reliability:
- HP (Hewlett-Packard): HP is one of the most recognizable names in the printer industry. They offer a broad spectrum of printers, including inkjet and laser models, suitable for home and office use. HP printers are known for their durability, print speed, and user-friendly features.
- Epson: Epson is renowned for its high-quality inkjet printers, which excel in producing vibrant color prints and sharp text. They are popular choices for photographers and graphic designers due to their exceptional color accuracy. Epson also manufactures versatile all-in-one printers and large-format printers.
- Canon: Canon printers are well-regarded for their superb photo printing capabilities. They are often favored by photography enthusiasts for their ability to reproduce intricate details and vivid colors. Canon offers a variety of inkjet and laser printers for both home and professional use.
- Brother: Brother is known for its reliable and affordable laser and inkjet printers. They are popular in small offices and homes for their efficient printing capabilities. Brother printers are often praised for their low operating costs and high-speed printing.
- Xerox: Xerox is a trusted name in the business world, particularly for their high-performance laser printers and multifunction devices. They are known for their reliability and are often used in demanding office environments.
- Samsung: Samsung offers a range of laser printers and multifunction devices, often praised for their sleek design and user-friendly interfaces. They are suitable for both home and office use, with an emphasis on mobile printing and wireless connectivity.
- Dell: Dell manufactures a variety of printers, mainly laser and multifunction devices. They are known for their durability and compatibility with Dell computers and systems. Dell printers are often chosen by businesses looking for reliable office solutions.
- Lexmark: Lexmark specializes in business-class printers and multifunction devices. They are known for their robust build quality and advanced security features, making them a preferred choice for enterprises and organizations with strict printing needs.
- Kodak: While Kodak is famous for its cameras and photography-related products, they also offer printers, especially designed for photo printing. Kodak printers are favored for their simplicity and focus on producing high-quality photo prints.
- Ricoh: Ricoh is another brand known for its office-centric laser printers and multifunction devices. They are recognized for their advanced document management features and high-speed printing, making them suitable for large corporate environments.
When choosing a printer, it’s important to consider factors such as your specific printing needs, budget, and desired features. Each of these printer brands has its strengths and weaknesses, so it’s a good idea to research and compare models within your chosen brand to find the best fit for your requirements.
PRINTER REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES IN NAIROBI KENYA
Our Nairobi Printer Repair Service specializes in all makes and models of Laser printers, HP Designjet Plotter and Photocopier repairs. We offer a same day on site service. All of our engineers are experienced and trained in most models of printers including Hewlett Packard, Epson, Oki, Kyocera, Lexmark, Brother, Ricoh, Konica Minolta and Canon, Sharp, Toshiba. We can also look after photocopiers on an adhoc repair basis or contract managed print service (MPS) agreement.
Our Printer Repair Services
- Laser printer repair in Nairobi Kenya
- Specialist HP Designjet plotter repair and maintenance in Nairobi Kenya
- Maintenance contract for Printers and Copiers, Scanners in Nairobi Kenya
- Onsite printer servicing & repairs in Nairobi Kenya
- Photocopiers same day repairs available in Nairobi Kenya
- Dot Matrix printer repairs -same day repairs available in Nairobi Kenya
- Printer Parts and Consumable sales in Nairobi Kenya
- Large Format Printer Repair in Nairobi Kenya
- Printer Spare Parts Replacement in Nairobi Kenya
- Commercial Copier Printer Repair in Nairobi Kenya
PHOTOCOPIER REPAIRS, SERVICE AND CONSUMABLES
We are a Nairobi based, independent specialist, in photocopier repairs. Our engineers all come highly recommended and provide an outstanding service. We repair all makes and models of photocopier including Sharp, Canon, Kyocera, Ricoh, Utax, Konica Minolta, Toshiba and HP. We service Nairobi, Machakos, Kiambu, Kajiado, Nakuru, Narok, Athi River, Thika, Juja and nearby areas. Once an appointment is booked our engineers will be with you either the same day or next business day.
PRINTER REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE IN NAIROBI KENYA
Having traded for over 10 years, we pride ourselves on the top-level onsite service we give our customers. We repair all major manufacturers including HP, Xerox, Ricoh, Konica, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson and Brother so whether it’s a one off printer repair or an annual printer service and clean, our highly trained engineers have the knowledge and experience to not only solve all issues but provide cost saving consumables and MPS contracts that can reduce your printing costs moving forward. We are a Nairobi based company and only use professional engineers and technicians for our printer repair and maintenance services. For a free quote please contact us today.
Our HP, OKI,Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer repair service only use local printer engineers that are from the local area. Most faults are solved same or next working day. Even with today’s paperless culture we know just how crucial having a fully-functioning laserjet printer or photocopier on-site can be.
As well as repairing the immediate issue with your HP, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer our local, experienced, engineers will also carry out a muti test-point procedure, identifying key areas where you may have problems in the future. We will provide you with a comprehensive report on the condition of your printer, letting you know well in advance what you might be up against in the months to come.
Our HP, OKI, Samsung,Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer repair callouts are fixed price and include all labour. We offer a comprehensive 3-month warranty on labour and parts for the same fault.
It isn’t just laserjet repair printers we can help with, either. If you’re having problem with your Designjet, scanner, MFD, inkjet or plotter, we can help with those too.
When we’ve finished fixing the problem, we’ll thoroughly clean and reassemble your HP, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer, ensuring no paper jams or unsightly ink stains that tend to accumulate over time. You will be provided with a job sheet for your attention
If you’re interested in booking a HP, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer repair with us, phone or email us from contact us your details.
We service most models of printers, here are just a few that we repair
- Plotter repairs and Servicing – UK Nationwide onsite service
- EPSON Printer Repairs
- So when you have booked one our engineers, here is what you need to do to get the best result from your Plotter engineers visit.
- Make sure you have enough ink for your plotter, there is nothing worse in paying for a plotter engineer to turn up only to find you have run out of ink.
- Make sure you have spare ink, print heads, paper.
- Next the engineer is normally going to have to take the plotter apart please make sure there is enough room for the engineer to work on the plotter.
- The engineer will need to be able to get around the back of the plotter and will also need somewhere to stack all the cases.
Washing Machine Repair Services in Nairobi: A Comprehensive Guide by RepairKE
In the bustling urban environment of Nairobi, the modern household heavily relies on appliances like washing machines to streamline daily chores. However, these convenient devices are not immune to malfunctions, which can be frustrating for homeowners. This is where RepairKE steps in, offering top-notch washing machine repair services to ensure your appliance is back in optimal working condition. In this article, we’ll delve into common washing machine faults and their repair solutions provided by RepairKE.
Introduction to RepairKE
RepairKE is a leading appliance repair service provider in Nairobi, dedicated to resolving a wide array of household appliance issues. Their team of skilled technicians specializes in diagnosing and fixing washing machine problems efficiently, providing a cost-effective alternative to purchasing new appliances.
Common Washing Machine Faults and Repair Solutions
- No Power or Won’t Start: If your washing machine fails to power on, the problem could stem from a faulty power cord, outlet, or even the machine’s internal power components. RepairKE’s technicians first assess the power source and then diagnose whether the issue lies within the machine’s control board or wiring. A damaged power cord is a straightforward replacement, while internal power component repairs might involve soldering or replacing circuitry components.
- Drainage Issues: A washing machine that doesn’t drain properly can lead to water accumulation and potential damage. Common causes include clogged drain hoses, blocked filters, or malfunctioning drain pumps. RepairKE’s experts unclog hoses, clean filters, and if necessary, replace drain pumps to restore proper drainage.
- Leaking Problems: Leaks can arise from worn-out door seals, damaged hoses, or faulty water inlet valves. RepairKE’s technicians identify the source of the leak, whether it’s from a seal, hose, or valve, and then perform necessary replacements or repairs.
- Excessive Vibrations and Noise: Vibrations and unusual noises during operation often indicate an imbalance or faulty components. The repair team inspects the machine’s leveling, stabilizes it, and checks for damaged shock absorbers, suspension springs, or motor mounts. Replacing these components can significantly reduce vibrations and noise.
- Agitation or Spin Issues: If your washing machine fails to agitate or spin, it could be due to a worn-out drive belt, faulty motor, or issues with the lid switch. RepairKE’s experts replace damaged belts, troubleshoot motors, and repair or replace lid switches to ensure proper agitation and spinning functions.
- Temperature Problems: If your washing machine isn’t reaching the desired temperature, the heating element or thermostat might be malfunctioning. RepairKE’s technicians test and replace these components as necessary to restore proper temperature control during cycles.
- Error Codes: Modern washing machines often display error codes that indicate specific problems. RepairKE’s skilled technicians are trained to interpret these error codes, diagnose the underlying issues, and apply targeted repairs to fix the problem.
Why Choose RepairKE?
- Expertise: RepairKE’s technicians are highly trained and experienced in repairing various washing machine brands and models.
- Convenience: They offer on-site repairs, saving you the hassle of transporting a heavy appliance.
- Quality Parts: RepairKE uses high-quality replacement parts to ensure the longevity of the repair.
- Affordability: Repairing a washing machine is often more cost-effective than replacing it, and RepairKE’s services are competitively priced.
- Timeliness: The team understands the importance of a functional washing machine and strives to complete repairs in a timely manner.
In conclusion, RepairKE’s washing machine repair services in Nairobi provide a comprehensive solution to common appliance issues. From power problems to drainage and temperature issues, their skilled technicians diagnose, repair, and replace faulty components to restore your washing machine’s functionality. Choosing RepairKE means opting for convenience, expertise, and cost-effectiveness, ensuring that your household runs smoothly with a well-functioning washing machine.
WASHING MACHINE FAULT DIAGNOSIS AND ERROR TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
How to Fix a Washing Machine: Common Washing machine Faults & Problems
Washing Machine Repair in Nairobi, Kenya : Common washing machine problems can range using too much detergent, to water covering your floor. Some are easy fixes and others may require hiring a professional to diagnose and do the repairs. However, in most cases, with a little bit of troubleshooting you’ll be able to at least have a good idea where the problem originated. There’s never a good time for your clothes washer to act up, but taking action sooner vs. later can help keep a small problem from developing into something far greater. We’ve compiled a list of the most common washer problems to help you troubleshoot and plan your next step of resolving your situation.
Common Washer Problems
- Washing Machine Won’t Turn On
- Washing Machine Not Draining Properly
- Washing Machine Will Not Spin and/or Agitate
- Washing Machine Leaking Water
- Washing Machine Does Not Dispense Detergent
- Washing Machine is Shaking and Moving
- Washing Machine is Noisy
- Washing Machine Smells
- Washing Machine Won’t Finish Cycle
As always, whenever you work on electrical appliances, safety should be a top concern. Remove the power source to the washer before troubleshooting or attempting repairs.
1 – Washer Won’t Turn On
If your washing machine doesn’t respond when you turn it on there may be a simple fix. There’s a number of solutions that range for serious to simple, but the best place to begin is with the power supply itself.
The first thing to check is if your washing machine is getting power. Using a multimeter check the outlet voltage. If there isn’t electricity flowing into your washer you’ll need to check your household electrical panel to see if any circuit breakers may have been tripped.
If there wasn’t a tripped breaker and your outlet isn’t “hot” then the problem may be with the outlet itself. Turn the breaker off and contact a qualified electrician to replace the outlet and troubleshoot the cause.
If the washer’s motor overheated the washer will shut down to allow it to cool before you can start it again. If this happens once or twice it may not be a problem, but if your motor frequently overheats it’s critical to find out what is actually causing this to happen.
- Lid Switch
Washing machines are designed to stop working when the lid is open. The lid switch is a small plastic piece located under the lid. In order for the switch to activate, the lid must be shut. Check to see if the switch is in good repair and properly positioned.
- Timer Knob
Some models require the timer knob to line-up exactly with the control panel graphics. If the knob is slightly out of alignment, the washer won’t run. To check this, simply advance the timer and try to restart the washer again.
#2 – Not Draining Properly
Drainage problems can range from being as simple as a clog in the drain hose to needing to replace a pump. But one thing is certain, when you have a problem with draining you’ll be very aware . . . the mess on the floor may be your first and only clue!
- Drain Hose
Many times a clogged drain hose is the reason your washer isn’t draining properly. Remove the hose and visually inspect it for clogs. A garden hose can be used to flush any stubborn blockages from the hose.
Here are some other things to look for:
Check the drain hose for kinks.
Check any lint filters that may be in or on the drain hose.
Are you having problems with the home’s drain system?
The drain hose should be above the level of water in the drain tub.
Is the standpipe a minimum of 1-1/4″ in diameter?
Is the drain hose sealed into the standpipe? If this is the case, back-siphoning can occur. It should never be sealed.
The standpipe should be less than 96″ in height.
- Drain Pump
If you suspect that your drain pump is jammed, you’ll need to drain your tub then disconnect and inspect the hoses for foreign objects. Don’t forget to check the pump inlets. You may need to remove the pump from the washer in order to get a good look.
If you are having problems with your pump, there’s a chance that it may have locked up and seized. The motor will continue to run and attempt to turn the pump. If the pump is belt-driven, the belt will burn through or break, there is even a chance that the pulley could break. Things can go from bad to worse if the motor continues to run with tension on the belt, which can cause the motor to seize. Another possible issue could be that the bearings seized on the pump, or it may have become jammed by a pen, coin or sock. It’s also possible that the impeller blades have broken. In most cases, a new pump will fix the problem.
- Foreign Objects
If items such as socks, pens and coins get wedged between the basket and the tub, or become lodged in the pump, the washer’s ability to drain properly will be greatly reduced and even can come to a full stop. You’ll need to open the cabinet to gain access so that you can search for any obstructions.
If too much detergent is used there will be far too many suds. Too many suds will prevent the washer from draining in a timely manner.
#3 – Will Not Spin and/or Agitate
There’s a number of things that can prevent your washer from spinning correctly. Unfortunately, you’ll most likely need to open the cabinet in order to properly troubleshoot the problem. Let’s start with the easy fixes first, because sometimes the problem is as simple as the washer being in a soak cycle!
- Too Large of Loads
A washing machine will become unbalanced if there are too many clothes being washed in the same load. An overloaded machine will become unbalanced and not properly spin. This can also occur if the clothes are not evenly distributed within the basket. If this is your problem, you’ll need to adjust the load during the cycle to help your washer balance. You can do this either by removing all of the clothes and replacing evenly within the basket or simply moving them within the basket so that they are evenly distributed.
- Switches and Settings
The lid switch is located inside the cabinet near the door frame, and it’s designed as a safety precaution to keep hands from entering a spinning washer basket. A faulty switch will prevent the washer from running. If the switch is bad, it will need to be replaced. You can also check the setting to ensure that the speed selector switch is properly positioned. It should not be set between different speeds.
- Drain Pump
It’s possible that a foreign object is lodged in the drain pump. You’ll frequently hear a humming sound when the washer is full of water if this is your problem.
A washing machine has a number of belts and as they wear, they can show signs of damage and even break. If you notice a belt that is showing signs of wear, you should replace it with a new one. If your problem was due to a broken belt, be sure the check that the pulley hasn’t seized. The belt may not have been the root problem. If the pulley seized, it will usually cause the belt to break. If you replace the belt, but not fix the pulley, you’ll have the same problem in the very near future.
The main drive motor is responsible for spinning and agitating the basket. The washer motor creates the spinning directly, and frequently with the use of a clutch. Within the washer’s transmission there’s a crank type gear with connecting rods that cause the basket agitate.
If there is little or no agitation, the splines that connect the agitator to the drive shaft could be stripped and in need of replacement. In some washers a reversing motor is used. If you notice that your basket spins perfectly in one direction, but in the opposite direction it won’t work all you may need to replace the motor. Unless you are comfortable doing this, it is probably best to contact a professional. A coupler is used to connect the motor to the transmission. Over time, this part will wear and need to be replaced.
If you suspect a transmission or clutch issue, it is generally best to contact a professional as these can be relatively complex problems.
#4 – Washer Leaking Water
Beyond the mess that a leaking washer makes, the problem doesn’t always mean an expensive repair bill. Many times the solution is an easy fix or an inexpensive part.
- Drain Hose
When a washer leaks only during the spin cycle the likely cause is the drain hose.
Check the connections on the hose to ensure they are secure. Check the condition of the drain hose, it should be free of cracks and damage. Check the drain hose for any clogs. You might just find your missing sock! Check the drain hose where it attaches to the washer. There should not be any cracks or leakage, if there is, you may be able to cut the end and re-clamp the hose. Although, you may want to consider purchasing a new one.
- Fill Hose
The fill hoses could also be the culprit. Read our extensive article on fill hoses HERE.
Check that the fill hoses are in good repair and are securely in place. However, they should not be over-tightened. Whenever these hoses are removed a new rubber washer should be used when they are being put back in place. If a new rubber washer wasn’t used, the problem could be the washer.
- Water-Inlet Valve
Check the water-inlet valve for leaks. There may be a build-up of rust or mineral deposits within the valve, or it may be faulty and need to be replaced.
- Too Much Detergent
If you have hard water and use a water softener, your leakage problem may be the result of over-sudsing. Hot- and soft-water use less detergent to effectively clean than cold- and hard-water. Reducing how much detergent you use may eliminate an over-sudsing issue.
When you have too many suds and they “spill over” it may appear that you have a leak. The sudsy overflow can be resolved by reducing the amount of detergent you’re using.
- Door Seal (front-load)
Front-load washers frequently develop leakage around the door seal as this is a common area for debris to build-up. Over time, the build-up will reach a level where the door will not be able to properly seal and water will be able to seep out. Generally, you can solve this problem by carefully cleaning the seal.
- Drain Pump
Drain pumps have a seal on the pulley that will often leak due to wear. Many pumps are designed with a weep hole allowing the water to drip out as the seal begins to fail. So, whether you find a small amount of water or a flood near your drain pump, you may have uncovered the source of the leak. The pump will need to be rebuilt or replaced.
- Drains and Hoses
If you notice intermittent leaking when the washer is flushing, the problem may be with the plastic bleach dispenser. Bleach is an extremely corrosive chemical and it can cause plastic parts from the bleach dispenser to crack or even break off. In which case it will need to be replaced. The use of large amounts of liquid chlorine bleach can pit and rust stainless steel components. Consider using oxygenating bleach. It’s less harsh for your washer, although it should be noted that it’s not as effective at getting your whites bright.
If the tub is the cause of your leak, your options are limited. When a tub develops a hole from rubbing while off balance or other from reasons, the best choice is usually to purchase a new washer. Replacing the tub usually isn’t cost effective. However, you could try sealing the leak with an epoxy. If nothing else, it may buy you a little time.
- Tub Seal
The main tub seal is located where the outer tub connects to the transmission. If you suspect that this is your problem it is usually best to contact a professional as it can be a very difficult job. You may want to weigh the pro’s and con’s of replacing the seal vs purchasing a new washer.
#5 – Does Not Dispense Detergent
If you have an automatic detergent dispenser there are two common issues that can cause this problem.
The dispenser needs to be cleaned – Clean the dispenser monthly with a cup of warm distilled white vinegar. Pour the vinegar into the dispenser and run the washer thru a regular cycle. Any built-up residue or clogs will be flushed thru and your dispenser should work as good as new.
Incorrect product – Using the right product can make all the difference in the world. If your washer was designed for liquid bleach, using a powder bleach can clog the dispenser and lines. Check your owners manual to find the type of product designed for your unit.
Tools to repair washing machine
#6 – Washer is Shaking and Moving
It might seem alarming when your washer is making noises and moving around, but the solution is generally pretty simple.
If the floor isn’t level your clothes washer will definitely jump around. Many of the wash cycles, such as spin, can easily thru the unit into a shaking and banging mode, and if the washer is sitting on an uneven floor it will even add to the movement.
Fortunately, this is an easy fix. Position the washer on a piece of 3/4″ plywood. You can use shims if needed to bring the plywood to a level surface, but usually the plywood will do the trick.
Washer Feet Improperly Positioned
Washing machines are designed to be adjusted to the floor surface so that they sit level and do not rock. The 2 front legs have a leveling mechanism with a lock nut to secure it in place. Adjust each leg to the correct height and tighten the lock to keep the leg from moving. There shouldn’t be any movement in the front 2 legs once they are set.
The back 2 legs may have the same design as the front or they may be self-adjusting. If they are self-adjusting, tilt the washer forward onto it’s front legs so that the rear legs are roughly 3″ in the air. Then set the unit down to allow the legs to automatically adjust.
Load is Unbalanced
If your laundry is off balance you’ll need to open the washer and adjust the load. You may need to make a couple of attempts in order to get it balanced again.
Washing too many clothes in a load can exceed the maximum load weight and cause the washer to go off-balance. Check your owners manual for load size recommendations, but as a general rule, the clothes shouldn’t be packed too tightly allowing them room to move freely.
#7 – Washer is Noisy
A noisy washer could be as simple as a foreign object being somewhere it shouldn’t, or it could be a clue that a part needs to be replaced. First rule out the simple fixes, which are listed below, and then read our extensive article on the causes and solutions for a noisy washer.
A gurgling sound could be an indication that something is obstructing the drain line, but not enough to fully clog the hose. Remove the blockage to prevent it from becoming a full blown clog which will most likely cause a flood.
If you hear a clicking sound you may have an object lodged in the washer drain. You may have inadvertently missed a coin or other item left in a pocket. Check your drain and remove any foreign objects.
Buzzing or Humming
A foreign object may be lodged in your pump if you are hearing a humming or buzzing noise. If an object finds it’s way into the pump it’s not uncommon for the pump to jam. You may need to replace your pump if there was serious damage, but often just removing the object will solve the problem.
#8 – Washer Smells
It’s not uncommon for a washer to develop a musty or mildew smell. This can occur either in or around the appliance, and it’s an indication of mold and bacteria growth. The washer tub provides a perfect dark, moist area for mold and bacteria to thrive.
All washers develop what is called a “bio-film” which is decaying matter that’s always damp. Some washers are more prone to this build-up than others. Over time it’ll begin to smell and if left untreated, the smell can spread into your laundry. In worst case situations, it can even cause the laundry room and other nearby rooms to smell. Read our article on how to remove this odor from your washer. A good habit to develop is to clean your washing machine every month, and be on the lookout! Periodically check the area around your washer for mold or mildew. If your walls, cabinets or other areas show signs of mold or mildew growth there may be an issue with moisture that needs to be addressed.
Too much detergent will create excessive suds and a dirty residue will build within the basket and other washer parts.
Use the correct amount of detergent and fabric softener. This is probably the best defense simply because it’s actually limiting the food supply.
Hot water will help dissolve the layer of bio-film. A hot soak or wash on your final load can be a great preventative measure, especially if you prefer washing in cold water.
If you have a reoccurring mold problem or you don’t use your washer frequently, you can run a second rinse cycle when you’re doing laundry to help prevent mold and mildew growth.
Drain Pump Filter
The drain pump filter should be cleaned once a month, but few homeowners perform this task unless there’s a problem. Frequently coins and other small items get caught in this filter and cause the water flow to slow creating an ideal location for mold and mildew growth.
#9 – Washer Won’t Finish Cycle
This is an easy problem to troubleshoot. If your washer continues running even after the cycle should have finished, it most likely means that the timer is defective. Remove the control panel and check the timer contacts for corrosion or scorching. A new timer will fix this problem.
Electric Cooker Repair Services in Nairobi and Kenya
Electric Cooker Repair Services are readily available in Nairobi and throughout Kenya, offered by various Appliance Repair Companies. These services cater to the needs of individuals who own electric cookers and encounter issues that require professional assistance. Electric Cooker Repair Services encompass a wide range of solutions to address any problems that may arise with your cooker.
Appliance Repair Companies in Nairobi and Kenya understand the importance of a fully functional electric cooker in your kitchen. Therefore, they provide comprehensive Electric Cooker Repair Services to ensure that your cooker is back in excellent working condition. These services cover various aspects of cooker repair, including but not limited to:
Diagnostic Services: Expert technicians will inspect your electric cooker to identify the root cause of the problem. They will use their knowledge and skills to diagnose any faults or malfunctions accurately.
Component Replacement: If any components within your electric cooker are damaged or faulty, the repair companies will replace them with high-quality, genuine parts. This ensures optimal performance and longevity of your appliance.
Wiring and Electrical Repairs: Electric cookers rely on a complex electrical system. In case of wiring issues or electrical faults, professional technicians will skillfully repair or replace the necessary parts to ensure safe and reliable operation.
Heating Element Repair: The heating element is a critical component of an electric cooker. If it fails to function properly, your cooker may not heat up or cook food evenly. Electric Cooker Repair Services include efficient repair or replacement of heating elements to restore your cooker’s performance.
Control Panel and Display Repair: Faulty control panels or displays can cause inconvenience and make it difficult to operate your cooker effectively. Repair companies can fix or replace these components to ensure smooth operation and easy control of your electric cooker.
Safety Inspections and Maintenance: To prevent future breakdowns and ensure the safety of your appliance, many repair companies offer routine maintenance services. These inspections can identify potential issues before they become major problems, thereby extending the lifespan of your cooker.
The dedicated and experienced professionals at Appliance Repair Companies in Nairobi and Kenya are committed to providing reliable, efficient, and cost-effective Electric Cooker Repair Services. They strive to ensure that you can enjoy the convenience and benefits of your electric cooker without interruption. So, if you encounter any issues with your electric cooker, don’t hesitate to reach out to these reputable repair companies for prompt assistance.
Remember, by availing yourself of Electric Cooker Repair Services, you are making a smart choice to prolong the life of your appliance and save money in the long run. Enjoy hassle-free cooking experiences with the help of skilled technicians who understand the intricacies of electric cooker repairs.
Gas Cooker Repair Services in Nairobi and Kenya
If you’re experiencing issues with your gas cooker and need professional assistance, look no further than the reputable appliance repair companies in Nairobi and Kenya. These companies offer a wide range of Gas Cooker Repair Services to ensure that your appliance is back up and running efficiently in no time.
When it comes to Gas Cooker Repair Services, these companies have a team of skilled technicians who specialize in diagnosing and fixing various gas cooker problems. Whether your cooker is not igniting, producing uneven flames, or has a faulty thermostat, these experts have the knowledge and experience to tackle any issue with precision.
One of the key services offered is the thorough inspection and diagnosis of gas cookers. The technicians will carefully examine your appliance to identify the root cause of the problem. They will then provide you with a detailed explanation of the issue and offer professional recommendations on the best course of action.
In addition to diagnosis, these companies also excel in repairing gas cookers. From replacing faulty igniters and burner heads to fixing gas leaks and addressing electrical issues, their technicians are well-versed in all aspects of gas cooker repairs. They use high-quality replacement parts and tools to ensure the longevity and reliability of their repairs.
Furthermore, these appliance repair companies understand the importance of prompt service. They strive to offer quick turnaround times, so you won’t have to endure a prolonged period without a functioning gas cooker. Their technicians are trained to work efficiently while maintaining the highest standards of quality.
When engaging their Gas Cooker Repair Services, you can expect friendly and professional customer support throughout the process. The companies prioritize customer satisfaction and aim to provide a hassle-free experience. They will address any concerns or queries you may have and keep you informed about the progress of the repair.
In summary, if you’re facing any issues with your gas cooker, don’t hesitate to contact the reputable appliance repair companies in Nairobi and Kenya. Their Gas Cooker Repair Services cover a wide range of problems and are delivered by skilled technicians who prioritize efficiency and customer satisfaction. With their expertise, your gas cooker will be back in top working condition in no time.
COOKER AND OVEN REPAIRS IN NAIROBI
Get all your kitchen appliances repaired by extensively trained specialists
Fixing cookers and ovens by any makes and models Providing all tools and common spare parts 1-year guarantee for all work done
Get your cooker and oven repaired at Best Appliance Repairs
- Schedule and book your cooking appliance repair service online
- A skilled City & Guild and Gas Safe registered technician will visit you to diagnose your appliance
- He will use his tools and spare parts to fix the problem on the same day, if possible
- The expert will perform a free test to ensure that your appliance works as it should
Count on your local oven repair expert for lasting results
There’s never a good time for a broken cooker or oven but when it happens, it puts everything on pause, causing you so many troubles dealing with your family meal routines. So, when your oven is not heating up properly, the door is not closing, the fan is noisy or the cooker’s hob won’t ignite, Fantastic Services can help.
Our Technicians have extensive training on how to restore the full functionality of any commercially available cookers and ovens including Neff, Bosch, SMEG, Hotpoint, Zanussi, Beko, Rangemaster, Electrolux, Belling, Bosch, Siemens, FRIGIDAIRE, Amana, Panasonic, IKEA, BAUKNECHT, Mika, Asko, Sanyo, Bush, GE, Indesit, Neff, Candy, Hitachi, Zanussi, ELBA, BEKO, VON HOTPOINT, Armco, Maytag, Kenmore, Kitchenaid, HP, Bruhm, Miele, Ramtons, Ariston, LG, Smeg, Sharp, Toshiba, Daewoo, Haier, Fisher & Paykel, Hoover, Electrolux, Whirlpool, Samsung, washing machine, washer, cooker,freezer,fridge,oven,electric,gas,chargoal,grill,dishwasher,television,air conditioner,hvac,repair,nairobi,kenya,services,maintenance,install,installation,spares,spare,parts,spare parts,lawn mower,grass cutter,trampoline,generator,shower,pool,hood extractor,water,dispenser,purifier,water dispenser, water purifier, and many more.
They follow strict procedures and safety protocols to perform the repairs efficiently and with your high satisfaction in mind.
Don’t hesitate to schedule your appliance repair appointment whatever the problem is with your domestic or commercial device! See below the types of cookers and ovens we can assist you with:
- Gas and electric cookers
- Dual fuel cookers
- Range cookers
- Freestanding/integrated cookers
- Gas/electric ovens
- Single/double ovens
- Integrated/freestanding ovens
The experts specialise in various types of cooker repairs in London
Your electric oven or cooker is not heating to the correct temperature or at all, your oven is noisy or its door refuses to open, the cooking plate of your electric hob is not heating up or working at all. If any of this sounds familiar, contact the local professional today and benefit from a swift and efficient repair service. Here’s a list of the most common oven and cooker repair problems the local technicians have seen and repaired throughout the years:
- Common electric cooker/oven repair faults:
- Cooker/oven won’t turn on;
- Oven fan not working;
- Electric oven causing electricity to trip;
- Oven door that won’t close;
- The oven doesn’t heat to the right temperature;
- Strange noises coming from the oven while working;
- Oven/cooker keeps cutting out while working;
- Overheating issues;
- Oven is not self-cleaning;
- The interior light is not turning on/off.
- Common gas cooker repair issues:
- The range burner will not heat up;
- The gas burner won’t light up;
- The gas oven is not working but the hob is;
- The gas oven temperature fluctuates;
- The gas cooker door won’t close;
- The gas oven thermostat is faulty;
- The gas cooker igniter won’t spark;
- A smell of gas is coming from the cooker.
Why choose us for your oven and cooker repair needs in Mombasa and Nairobi
The fully equipped gas and electric oven repair engineer will start the service with a complete diagnosis of your cooker or oven. The repair expert uses original brand-specific replacement parts and always aims to fix your kitchen appliance on the same day. He also brings a wide variety of common spare parts, which he can instantly install on-site. If that’s not possible, the engineer will order the needed component and arrange a second visit to finish off the job.
Fixing any make and model of cooking appliances
The cooker repair engineers have years of experience, so they can repair issues with any gas or electric oven, cooker, hob or hood. In addition, they work with many of the manufacturers and their representatives to ensure that they use the original spare parts for your exact oven or cooker and guarantee long-lasting results.
Fully guaranteed gas and electric oven repair results
Each repair job, no matter how big or small, is covered by a guarantee period of one year. The guarantee also applies to any spare parts that have been installed in your appliance by the certified technician. We can guarantee that each gas cooker repair or electric cooker repair will be completed to the highest standard.
TUMBLE DRYER REPAIR REPAIR SERVICES AND SPARE PARTS IN NAIROBI
Tumble Dryer Repair in Nairobi and Kenya : While you can always dry freshly washed laundry on a clothesline or a drying rack, a gas or electric clothes dryer has become a staple in most homes. When it stops working correctly, here are several common dryer problems that you may be able to solve yourself without calling a repair technician.
Tumble Dryer Repair Solutions for all common dryer problems
Problem: Dryer Won’t Heat
If you have a gas dryer, check the supply line valve. It must be fully open to operate properly.
Electric dryers use two household fuses or circuit breakers. The drum can still turn if just one fuse is blown, but there will be no heat. You may need to replace both fuses or reset both circuit breakers.
If the dryer’s thermal fuse has blown due to a power surge or other mechanical problem, the dryer won’t heat. These fuses are easy and inexpensive to replace. Locate your user or repair manual, and you can find replacement parts at online retailers.
Problem: Dryer Cuts off After a Short Period
When a dryer shuts off abruptly after “working perfectly,” it is usually a problem with either the thermostat, the thermal resistor, or the thermal fuse that turns off the dryer to prevent overheating. You can check each of these parts with a voltage meter to determine if they are working properly or if they need to be replaced.
Problem: Dryer Making Unusual Noise
If you hear a thumping sound or see vibrations, the dryer may not be level. Each leg of the dryer can be adjusted and it should be leveled front to back and side to side.
Check for small items caught in the dryer drum. Coins, buttons, or paper clips can get caught between the drum and the front or rear of the dryer. Use a flashlight to inspect the drum and remove any objects. Always check and empty pockets before loading a washer or dryer.
If you hear loud thumping, the clothing may be knotted or balled up. You may not be loading the dryer correctly. Remove the knotted items and give them a shake before reloading to complete the drying cycle.
If you have a gas dryer and hear a clicking sound, this is normal. It is the gas valve opening and closing.
Problem: Dryer Won’t Start
The door latch may not be engaging. Check the latch for lint and clean it completely so that the door closes properly. When the lint is removed, use a bit of rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab to clean metal contact areas.
Check the power supply, including fuses and circuit breakers. When replacing a fuse, be sure to use a time-delay fuse.
Check the dryer’s internal thermal fuse. If it is blown, the dryer will not start.
If you have a push start knob, it may not be engaging correctly. Remove the knob and clean behind it, removing any dirt and lint.
Problem: Clothes Take Forever to Dry
Clean the lint filter. A filter loaded with lint reduces the airflow necessary for quick drying. You can recycle the lint for crafts.
Clean the outside exhaust vent. If the outside vent is not opening and closing properly, moisture is trapped inside the dryer drum. Run the dryer for five or 10 minutes. Go outside and hold your hand under the outside exhaust hood to check air movement. If you do not feel air coming from the vent, it is blocked with lint and must be cleaned thoroughly. Remove any snow or leaves that may be blocking the vent. Also, make sure the dryer vent duct is clean.
Check the dryer vent exhaust pipe. Be sure it is connected properly and has no kinks. If you are using a flexible hose, replace it with a rigid system.
Reduce the size of each load. An overcrowded dryer does not allow clothes to tumble freely and receive heat evenly.
Be sure the dryer is in a room that is above 45 F. A dryer cannot work efficiently in a room that is too cold.
Check the air circulation around the dryer. If your dryer is in a closet, there must be ventilation openings at the top and bottom of the door. The front of the dryer requires a minimum of one inch of airspace and the back should have at least five inches.
Do not allow fabric softener dryer sheets to block the airflow into the lint trap or grill. Never use more than one sheet per load.
Problem: Clothes Are Covered With Lint
Clean the lint screen. If the screen is full and cannot hold any more lint, then the lint is going to stay on your clothes.
Problem: Clothes Aren’t Dry After Automatic Timed Cycle
The load may not be connecting with the moisture sensor strips because there are not enough clothes in the drum or the dryer is not level. Small loads should be dried on timed dry rather than automatic dry.
Clean the moisture sensor strips. The moisture sensors are usually two metal strips located inside the front edge of the dryer drum. If they become coated with residue from fabric softener sheets, they won’t work properly. Clean them with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.
COMMON DRYER PROBLEMS AND HOW TO FIX THEM
This list of common dryer problems can help you troubleshoot and find the reason your dryer isn’t working as it should. Of course, there may be other issues, but these are the most common problems. Some are simple fixes that won’t even require a screw driver and other solutions may fall outside of your comfort level and you may choose to hire a professional to do the work. Whatever you decide always put safety first and removes the power source to the dryer before troubleshooting or attempting repairs. If you need to purchase new parts, be sure to know the manufacturer and model number of your dryer. Although some parts may be universal, there’s nothing more frustrating than having the right part for the wrong model.
Common Dryer Problems
- Tumble Dryer is Won’t Turn On
- Noisy Tumble Dryer
- Wrinkled Clothes from Tumble Dryer
- Does Not Tumble
- No Heat
- Tumble Dryer Takes Too Long for Clothes to Dry
- Dryer Too Hot
We highly recommend taking detailed notes or photos as you remove panels, parts and especially wiring. What may seem obvious while you are removing the parts may seem less clear when the time comes to replace the pieces. The time you spend upfront will be saved in the end and you’ll likely be far less frustrated. Beyond a screw driver and a few other common tools you likely have in your tool box, you’ll need a Multimeter to perform many of the troubleshooting tasks. If you don’t already have one, they are an inexpensive and handy device that you’ll find yourself using whenever you have an issue with an appliance.
#1 – Dryer Won’t Turn On
If your dryer won’t start there’s a number of different things that could be causing the problem. You’ll likely need to do a little troubleshooting to identify the cause. But as simple as it may sound, first check your control settings to ensure that all buttons are fully depressed and that the settings are correct. Also, check that the start button was either pressed or turned enough to activate the dryer.
Check the power supply first to ensure that electricity is reaching your dryer. Use your multimeter to check the voltage at the outlet. If power is not flowing to your dryer, check your home’s electrical panel to see if any breakers may have been tripped.
If the breakers haven’t been tripped, it’s possible that the outlet needs to be replaced. If this is your problem it’s probably a good idea to contact an electrician unless you are comfortable working with electricity.
If the breakers haven’t been tripped, it’s possible that the outlet needs to be replaced. If this is your problem it’s probably a good idea to contact an electrician unless you are comfortable working with electricity.
If your outlet checked out with the multimeter and your dryer is getting electricity, the problem could be the power cord. Dryer power cords are prone to fraying due to movement and age.
- Terminal Block
The power will need to be ON for this test, so be extremely careful. If you are uncomfortable working with electricity, this may not be something you will want to undertake and you should call an experienced repairman. Remove the power cord access panel and use your multimeter to check the voltage at the terminal block. Replace the terminal block if it is faulty. Unplug the dryer and unscrew the mounting screws to disconnect power wires from the terminal block. Use a flathead screwdriver to remove the terminal block from the casing. Install a new terminal block.
- Door Switch
The door switch will keep the dryer from starting if the door is open. Frequently lint or other debris collects around the door gasket or switch. This build-up can prevent the door from completely closing and engaging the switch. If this is your problem, it’s an easy fix and something you can clean regularly to prevent future occurrences.
If you suspect the door switch is faulty, you may need to open the cabinet in order to troubleshoot and replace the switch depending on your model and manufacturer.
There are a number of different thermostats in your dryer with the single job of regulating the internal temperature. Which thermostat being used is determined by which drying cycle is selected. The cycling thermostat is generally located in the air flow path as it leave the drum. It is frequently inside the venting/exhaust system or on the blower wheel housing. A thermostat is about 1-1/2″ long and is oval shaped. Be sure to label the 2 wires when you remove them so you can reconnect them in the same way. When the thermostat is at room temperature test with your multimeter set to RX1 and touch the probes to each terminal. If the thermostat is still in working order it will give a reading of zero since we are testing for continuity. If you receive anything other than a zero reading it will need to be replaced.
- Start Switch
If the start switch is faulty your dryer obviously won’t start. To troubleshoot this problem remove the knob from the start switches and opens the control panel. Set your multimeter to RX1 and remove the leads to the switch. Clip the probes to the terminals of the switch. You should have a reading of infinity. Next press the start button and check the reading. It should now read zero. The start switch is faulty and will need to be replaced if this was not the case.
- Thermal Fuse
Some dryers are designed with a thermal fuse that is within the exhaust duct in the rear panel. Once the thermal fuse is tripped the dryer will not operate (or it may simply stop heating). There is not a way to reset this fuse so it will need to be replaced if it tripped.
#2 – Noisy Dryer
There are many moving parts on a dryer and as they show signs of wear, they often begin to make noise. There’s squeaking, squealing, humming and even thumping. Many of the noises a dryer makes are a sign that something in your dryer needs attention. Read our extensive article on troubleshooting a noisy clothes dryer for a more comprehensive list. Below are a few of the more common issues:
Dryers often have plastic glides located in the front end of the drum. Over time, these glides show signs of wear and need to be replaced.
- Blower Wheel
Although problems with the blower wheel can frequently require the part to be replaced, sometimes the fix can be as simple as cleaning out the blower. Often lint or other objects find there way into the blower wheel.
- Drum Support Roller
Drum support rollers are used to support the drum. When they show signs of wear they can become very noisy. If yours needs to be replaced, be sure to replace all of the support rollers as they tend to wear evenly.
The main belt wraps around the drum and causes it to turn. As it wears out the belt will begin to make a thumping sound against the drum.
#3 – Wrinkled Clothes
If you find that your clothes are wrinkled after using your dryer, there are a couple things that may be the cause. All of which are easy to fix and won’t even require you to use a screw driver!
- Clothes not promptly removed from the dryer.
- No fabric softener.
- Too large or too small of load.
- Incorrect water level.
- Water is the wrong temperature (too hot) for the clothing.
- Laundry not properly sorted.
- Incorrect wash and dry cycles.
Promptly remove clothing from the dryer and either fold or hang immediately.
The permanent press cycle will help reduce wrinkling by having a cool down cycle before it finishes. Don’t dry multiple loads at the same time. This will put too many clothes in the dryer at the same time. Don’t combine heavy and light clothing items together.
#4 – DOES NOT TUMBLE
Although there are a number of reasons the dryer’s drum won’t tumble, the most common cause is a defective belt, particularly if the motor is running.
When the dryer’s belt is worn or broken it won’t be able to turn the drum. You’ll need to replace the belt to get your dryer working again. Be sure you purchase the correct belt for your model. Then place the belt on the drum where to old belt had been and wind it onto the idler pulley and the motor pulley.
If the belt isn’t broken or worn, check that it’s in place on the drum and is properly fed thru the pulley configuration. The problem may be as simple as the belt being out of place.
If you need to replace your dryer’s belt, it’s a best practice to also install a new idler pulley at the same time. As the idler pulley wears out, it places unnecessary stress on the belt which shortens it’s service life. The original problem may not have been the belt, but rather the idler pulley. Failure to change the idler pulley may mean you end up replacing your new belt much sooner than you expected.
- Drum Support Rollers
The dryer drum sits on top of drum support rollers and over time the rollers become worn and need to be replaced. Although this isn’t too difficult of a repair, you will need to remove the drum in order to reach the rollers.
- Seized Motor or Support Parts
If the belt or idler pulley is the issue the motor should be running. However, when the dryer is on and you hear a buzzing or no sound at all there’s a good chance that your motor has seized. It’s possible that you’ll be able to replace the motor’s start capacitor, but don’t be surprised if you need a new motor!
- How to Test for a Seized Motor (and other Part Issues):
First, remove the belt and inspect the blower fan housing for blockages.
Then, hand turn the motor shaft. If it doesn’t turn or it’s extremely difficult, there’s a good chance it is has seized and you’ll need a new motor.
If the motor turns with ease, turn ON the motor and allow it to run for a few seconds before installing a new belt. If the motor appears to run fine, the problem may be with the drum rollers or idler pulley. Next, rotate the drum by hand. If it’s difficult to turn, the problem is most likely the idler pulley, drum rollers or drum glides.
You can test each of these parts or simply replace them all since you have the dryer open.
#5 – No Heat
If your dryer isn’t producing any heat but it’s tumbling, there’s a couple of issues that could cause this problem. However, look for the obvious first by checking your dryer’s settings. Be sure that you have the appropriate settings for the clothes that you are drying. The fabric temperature and timer selections are all key to the performance of your dryer.
- Thermal Fuse
Many dryers have a safety feature called a thermal fuse which protects the dryer from over-heating. The thermal fuse is generally in a white plastic housing and it’s located in the exhaust duct in the back panel of the dryer. The thermal fuse will “trip” and prevent your dryer from working if it gets too hot. There’s not a way to reset the fuse, so if this is your problem you’ll need to replace the thermal fuse with a new one. Best Practice: Inspect your dryer’s vents for lint build-up. It’s not uncommon for the thermal fuse to blow due to trapped heat within the vents. If this was the reason your fuse blew, it will likely happen again if not cleaned.
- Heating Element (Coils)
A heating element is a coil made from nichrome (nickel-chrome alloy). They can be found behind the back panel of the dryer. Look for broken or burned areas by visually inspecting the heating element. Use a multimeter to check for continuity. Set the multimeter to RX and press the probes to the terminals of the element (remove the leads from the element first). The element is defective and needs to be replaced if you receive a reading of zero.
- Temperature Switch
Access the temperature switch by removing the knob to the switch and opening the control panel. Set your multimeter to RX1 and remove the leads before touching the probes to the switch’s terminals. You should see a reading of zero or infinity. Next, test again after turning the switch. The reading should change. If in the first test your result was zero, you should see infinity. If you saw infinity the first time, you should see zero. With any other results you’ll need to replace the switch.
The thermostat is located in the back panel of the dryer. Set the multimeter to RX1 and remove one lead from the two outside terminals on the thermostat. Press the probes to the terminals. You should see a reading of zero if the thermostat needs to be replaced.
The timer is located in the control panel. Set your multimeter to RX100 and remove the leads from the timer motor. Clip the probes to the leads, if you receive a reading of infinity you’ll need to replace the timer motor.
- Power Cord
Electric dryers draw a lot of power to operate. They should always be plugged directly into an outlet . . . never use an extension cord. Unplug the dryer and check the plug and cord for broken connections, burns or scorching. If there is a broken connection it’s possible that the dryer will continue to operate, but it won’t be able to deliver heat.
- Ignitor (Gas Dryers)
If your dryer is powered by gas, check to see if the ignitor is cycling. If it is, yet the burner is NOT engaging, then you may have defective electrical coils in the gas valve. The electrical coils have wires coming from the top of a black cylinder and they are located near the burner valve assembly. The coils will open and supply gas to the burner when supplied with power.
Another thing to check is to visually see if your ignitor glows. If it doesn’t, look for a yellowish or white discoloration. There may also be a break in the ignitor.
Replace the ignitor if you notice a visible problem. If you don’t see anything obvious such as a burnt area or a break, check for continuity.
The issue could also be originating from somewhere else in the burner system or the control area.
- Burner (Gas Dryers)
Check the flame. If the burner flame is burning clean and blue it’s functioning properly.
#6 – Takes Too Long for Clothes to Dry
If you notice your clothes are taking forever to dry, the problem may be simpler than you think!
It might surprise you that this annoying problem can be fixed by simply cleaning your lint filter. A dryer’s lint filter is designed to catch the lint and allow the air to flow. However, if you don’t clean it in a timely manner, it will force your dryer to work harder than necessary.
The air won’t be able to flow freely and it will not only take longer to dry your clothes, but it will often leave little specks of lint on your clean clothes. There can also be serious consequences since it could even cause a fire!
#7 – Too Hot
If you suspect your dryer is getting too hot it’s critical that you troubleshoot and resolve the problem as soon as possible. When a dryer experiences high operating temperatures it can become a very dangerous situation. Be sure to keep your personal safety a priority and be aware that the parts within the dryer may need to cool before handling as they may be extremely hot.
Check your thermostat by following the instructions listed above under “No Heat”.
- Heating Element (Coils)
The instructions under “No Heat” for testing your heating elements are listed above.
Remove and clean the lint trap. If you have excessive lint build-up it could create a problem. It’s a good idea to clean the lint trap with every load, or at least every several loads.
Check the vent that runs from the dryer to the outside of the house. When this vent is obstructed you run the risk of your dryer overheating, but also a build-up of carbon monoxide. Once cleaned you should check it periodically to ensure that the problem has been resolved and it doesn’t clog again.
The Evolution of Dishwashers: A Comprehensive Guide to Types and Functionality
In the fast-paced world of modern living, convenience and efficiency have become paramount. Among the household appliances that have undergone remarkable advancements, the dishwasher stands out as a shining example of technology simplifying everyday chores. From their humble beginnings as manually operated devices to the sophisticated and smart machines we see today, dishwashers have transformed the way we clean and maintain our kitchenware. In this article, we will delve into the history, types, and features of dishwashers, shedding light on how they have become an indispensable part of contemporary kitchens.
A Brief History of Dishwashers:
The concept of automating dishwashing dates back centuries. In the 18th century, mechanical devices known as “dishwashing machines” were designed, though they never gained widespread popularity due to their complex mechanisms and limited effectiveness. It wasn’t until the 20th century that dishwashers truly began to take shape.
The first practical dishwasher was invented by Josephine Cochrane in 1886. It featured a wire rack where dishes were placed, and high-pressure water was sprayed onto them. This marked the beginning of a revolution in kitchen cleaning technology. As time progressed, dishwashers evolved, incorporating better water circulation, heating elements, and drying functions.
Types of Dishwashers:
Today, there is a diverse range of dishwashers available to suit varying needs and preferences. Here are some of the most common types:
- Built-In Dishwashers: These are the traditional dishwashers that are permanently installed under kitchen counters. They offer a seamless and integrated look, making them a popular choice for modern kitchens. Built-in dishwashers come in standard sizes to fit most kitchen cabinets.
- Portable Dishwashers: Designed for smaller kitchens or renters, portable dishwashers are freestanding units on wheels. They can be easily moved and connected to a sink faucet when in use. Although they offer less capacity than built-in models, they provide flexibility for those with limited space.
- Drawer Dishwashers: This innovative design features drawers that slide out like traditional drawers, with each drawer acting as a separate dishwasher compartment. These dishwashers are convenient for smaller loads and allow users to run two different cycles simultaneously.
- Countertop Dishwashers: Perfect for compact living spaces, countertop dishwashers are small units that sit on your kitchen counter. They are designed to accommodate a limited number of dishes and are directly connected to the sink faucet for water supply and drainage.
- Smart Dishwashers: With the rise of smart home technology, dishwashers have also joined the realm of connectivity. Smart dishwashers can be controlled and monitored remotely through smartphone apps. They often feature advanced sensors that optimize water usage, energy consumption, and wash cycles based on the load.
Features and Functionality:
Modern dishwashers come equipped with a plethora of features to enhance cleaning efficiency and convenience:
- Multiple Wash Cycles: Dishwashers offer various wash cycles, such as normal, heavy, quick, eco-friendly, and more. These cycles adjust water temperature, pressure, and duration to suit different types of dishes and levels of dirtiness.
- Energy Efficiency: Energy-efficient dishwashers are designed to minimize water and energy consumption. Look for dishwashers with ENERGY STAR certification for optimal energy savings.
- Adjustable Racks and Tines: Many dishwashers have adjustable racks and tines, allowing you to customize the interior layout to fit larger pots, pans, and odd-shaped items.
- Sensor Technology: Advanced sensors detect soil levels and adjust the wash cycle accordingly, ensuring optimal cleaning without wasting resources.
- Noise Reduction: Manufacturers have made significant strides in reducing dishwasher noise levels, making it possible to have a conversation or watch TV without disruption during operation.
- Drying Options: Some dishwashers offer multiple drying methods, including heated drying, fan-assisted drying, and air drying. These options help ensure dishes are thoroughly dried after the wash cycle.
- Child Lock: A safety feature that prevents children from accidentally opening the dishwasher or changing its settings.
Dishwashers have evolved from rudimentary manual devices to technologically advanced appliances that cater to diverse lifestyles and preferences. With a variety of types, features, and functionality, these machines have become a staple in modern kitchens, revolutionizing the way we manage our daily chores. As technology continues to advance, it’s exciting to anticipate how dishwashers will continue to improve and simplify our lives in the years to come.
Troubleshooting Common Dishwasher Problems: A Comprehensive Guide to Repair Solutions
Dishwashers have become indispensable appliances in modern kitchens, offering convenience and efficiency in the post-meal cleanup process. However, like any mechanical device, dishwashers can encounter problems that disrupt their smooth operation. From mysterious leaks to stubbornly dirty dishes, understanding these common issues and their repair solutions can save you time, money, and frustration.
1. Ineffective Cleaning Performance: Problem: One of the most frequent complaints is a dishwasher’s inability to clean dishes thoroughly, leaving behind residue, food particles, or spots. Solution: This problem often stems from blocked spray arms, clogged filters, or improper loading. Start by cleaning the spray arms using a toothpick or fine wire to dislodge any debris. Next, clean or replace the filters according to the manufacturer’s guidelines. Lastly, ensure that dishes are loaded properly, allowing water to reach all surfaces.
2. Leaking Water: Problem: Discovering water pooling around your dishwasher can be concerning. Leaks may occur due to damaged door gaskets, faulty door latches, or malfunctioning valves. Solution: Inspect the door gasket for cracks, tears, or signs of wear and replace if necessary. Ensure the door latches securely, preventing water from escaping. If the issue persists, check the inlet valve and drain hose connections for leaks, tightening or replacing components as needed.
3. Noisy Operation: Problem: A dishwasher that sounds like a construction site can disrupt your kitchen’s tranquility. Noises may arise from worn-out bearings, damaged pump assemblies, or foreign objects trapped in the pump or spray arms. Solution: Start by removing any debris that might be causing the noise. If the problem persists, examine the pump and motor assembly for signs of wear and replace if needed. In some cases, tightening loose components or leveling the dishwasher can also alleviate noise issues.
4. Foul Odors: Problem: Unpleasant odors emanating from your dishwasher can be off-putting. These smells are often caused by the buildup of food particles and grease over time. Solution: Run an empty cycle with a cup of white vinegar placed on the top rack to eliminate odors. You can also sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the dishwasher and run a short cycle to further neutralize smells. Regularly cleaning the filter and interior of the dishwasher, along with ensuring proper drainage, can prevent odors from returning.
5. Dishwasher Won’t Start: Problem: Pressing the start button and receiving no response can be frustrating. This issue might arise from a malfunctioning door switch, faulty control panel, or disrupted power supply. Solution: Check the door latch and switch to ensure they are functioning correctly. If the control panel appears unresponsive, try resetting the dishwasher by turning off the circuit breaker for a few minutes and then turning it back on. If the problem persists, it might require professional assistance to diagnose and repair the underlying electrical issue.
6. Dishes Not Drying Properly: Problem: Opening your dishwasher to find damp dishes can be disappointing. Poor drying results can be due to a malfunctioning heating element, a problem with the rinse aid dispenser, or improper loading. Solution: Verify that the rinse aid dispenser is adequately filled according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Test the heating element’s functionality by running the dishwasher on the highest heat setting and checking if the dishes come out dry. If the heating element is faulty, it should be replaced by a technician.
While dishwashers provide convenience and efficiency, they can encounter a range of common problems. By familiarizing yourself with these issues and their corresponding solutions, you can save time and money on unnecessary repairs or replacements. Regular maintenance, proper loading techniques, and addressing problems promptly can extend the lifespan of your dishwasher and ensure that it continues to serve you effectively in the kitchen. For complex issues or those requiring technical expertise, consulting a professional appliance repair service is recommended.
Expert Dishwasher Repair Services in Nairobi: Restoring Efficiency and Convenience
In the bustling city of Nairobi, where modern lifestyles demand efficient solutions for daily chores, the indispensable role of household appliances cannot be underestimated. Among these, the dishwasher stands as a time-saving and water-conserving marvel. However, like any mechanical device, dishwashers can experience wear and tear over time, leading to a decline in their performance. This is where professional dishwasher repair services come to the rescue, ensuring that these appliances continue to serve households with optimal efficiency.
The Need for Professional Dishwasher Repair Services
Dishwashers have revolutionized the way we handle kitchen cleanup, reducing the arduous task of manual dishwashing to a mere load-and-go operation. These appliances combine mechanical and electronic components to automate the cleaning process, making them a valuable asset in any modern kitchen. However, even the most advanced models can encounter issues due to various factors such as power fluctuations, water quality, improper usage, and natural wear.
In Nairobi’s bustling urban landscape, where time is of the essence, a malfunctioning dishwasher can disrupt the rhythm of daily life. Hence, the importance of professional dishwasher repair services becomes evident. These services provide quick and efficient solutions to a range of issues, restoring the convenience that a well-functioning dishwasher brings.
The Expertise of Nairobi’s Dishwasher Repair Services
Nairobi boasts a network of skilled technicians who specialize in diagnosing and repairing dishwasher problems. These experts possess in-depth knowledge of different dishwasher brands, models, and their intricate mechanisms. They are equipped with the latest tools and diagnostic equipment, enabling them to accurately identify the root causes of malfunctions.
Common issues addressed by these professionals include:
- Poor Cleaning Performance: Often caused by clogged spray arms, worn-out filters, or issues with water circulation, this problem can result in dishes emerging from the dishwasher still dirty or covered in residue.
- Water Leakage: Leaks can occur due to damaged door seals, malfunctioning pumps, or faulty hoses. Repair technicians can pinpoint the source of the leakage and provide effective solutions.
- Unusual Noises: Grinding, rattling, or humming noises during the dishwasher’s operation can indicate problems with motor components, bearings, or foreign objects trapped in the mechanism.
- Electrical Issues: Inconsistent power supply or control panel malfunctions can disrupt the dishwasher’s functionality. Expert repair services can diagnose and repair these electrical problems safely.
- Drainage Problems: Blockages in the drain system can lead to water pooling at the bottom of the dishwasher, preventing proper cleaning and potentially causing damage.
Advantages of Professional Repairs
Opting for professional dishwasher repair services in Nairobi offers several advantages:
- Expert Diagnosis: Skilled technicians can accurately diagnose the problem and recommend the most suitable solution, saving both time and money compared to trial-and-error DIY attempts.
- Quality Repairs: Professional repairs ensure that the root cause of the issue is addressed, preventing recurring problems and extending the lifespan of the appliance.
- Time and Convenience: Rather than struggling with appliance repairs, homeowners can rely on experts to swiftly restore their dishwasher’s functionality, minimizing disruptions to their daily routines.
- Safety: DIY repairs can be hazardous, especially when dealing with electrical components. Professional technicians are trained to handle repairs safely.
Dishwasher repair services in Nairobi play a vital role in maintaining the smooth functioning of modern kitchens. These services combine technical expertise, advanced diagnostics, and quality repairs to ensure that the convenience and efficiency of dishwashers remain intact. As households continue to rely on these time-saving appliances, the presence of skilled technicians ready to restore them to their optimal state becomes increasingly important in Nairobi’s fast-paced urban landscape.