Get gret Washing Machine Repair in Nairobi | Have your washer fixed and runnind today!
Get the best Washing Machine Repair services from Repair KE. We also offer washing machine installation, maintenance, cleaning and spare parts replacement in and around Nairobi Kenya. Has your washing machine broken down? Is it failing to turn? Is the wash cycle not completing or going fully? Or maybe the drum is failing to fill with water?
Then you’ve come to the right place. If you searched for Washing Machine repair near me, then you landed on the correct address. Repair KE Nairobi Kenya is a local repair and service company with technicians located all across the greater Nairobi region. We have years of experience repairing appliances for both households and commercial establishments, offering high-quality workmanship at affordable prices.
We are proud to say that we are the only company in Kenya to offer a 3-month service and a 12-month parts warranty. And not only that, when you call us before 12 noon today, we offer same-day delivery. So if your Washing Machines is not working as it should, trust that Repair KE Nairobi Kenya will have it fully repaired and functioning in no time.
Washing Machine repair in Nairobi for all Brands and models
We repair a variety of washing machines, Washing Machines and dryer brands and handle all Nairobi Washing Machines Repairs needs for all appliance brands. We can repair and service Washing Machines brands such as AEG, Daewoo, Asko, Ariston, Beko, Bosch, Bosch, Siemens, FRIGIDAIRE, Amana, Panasonic, IKEA, BAUKNECHT, Mika, Asko, Sanyo, Bush, GE, Indesit, Neff, Candy, and Hitachi.
You can also get the best washer repairs for more brands of washing machines including : Zanussi, ELBA, BEKO, VON HOTPOINT, Armco, Maytag, Kenmore, Kitchenaid, HP, Bruhm, Miele, Ramtons, Ariston, LG, Smeg, Sharp, Toshiba, Daewoo, Haier, Fisher &Paykel, Hoover, Electrolux, Whirlpool, Samsung and many other brands and models.
When you need someone to fix your Washing Machines, our trusted and insured team will make sure you get to use your Washing Machines within the day. Call our friendly staff on 0725414578 today and we’ll give you useful consultancy and advise on your Washing Machines problems.
Types of Washing Machines that you can have fixed
- Front-loader Washing Machines
- Washing Machines Dryers
- Twin-Tub Washing Machines
- Top-loader Washing Machines
- Compact and Portable Washing Machines
- Washing Machine – Dryer Combos
- Automated / Automatic Washing Machines & Dryers
- Semi-Automatic Washing Machines & Dryers
- Manual Washing Machines & Dryers
Common Washer Problems that you can have fixed
- The washing machine does not start the cycle
- The washing machine is slow to fill
- The Washing Machine overfills
- Wash cycles do not finish / run to completion
- The washing machine makes odd noises when on
Having your Washing Machines repaired shouldn’t cost an arm and a leg. We understand that Washing Machines are important to any household or business and we provide the best services at the very friendly market rates in Nairobi on washer parts and repair labor cost. For affordable Washing Machines Repairs and services in Nairobi, Machakos, Kikuyu, Limuru, Athi River, Ngong, Thika and environs, you can count on Repair KE to meet your needs and budget.
When appliances and water are involved, chances are, the result is always a mess. But that’s not the case with our technicians. They have been trained to clean up after themselves, so once they leave your premises, you can get straight to washing your laundry without any worry.
When it comes to Nairobi Washing Machines Repairs, needs, and services, you can trust that Repair KE Nairobi Kenya is one of the best in the business. We offer fast and immediate service, fully certified technicians, and unrivaled affordable prices that won’t put a dent in your pocket. The next time your Washing Machines breaks down, call us before 12 noon and we’ll be there at your doorstep to have your Washing Machines fully fixed and functioning.
- WASHING MACHINE REPAIR NAIROBI
- Washing Machine Brands
- Washing Machine Companies
- Appliance Repairs in Nairobi
- Water Dispenser Repair
- Refrigerator repair
- Cooker Repair
- Microwave Oven Repair
- Dishwasher Repair
Printer Repair Services in Nairobi and Kenya:
If you’re experiencing issues with your printer and need professional assistance, look no further! Appliance Repair Companies in Nairobi and throughout Kenya are here to provide top-notch Printer Repair Services that will get your printer up and running smoothly again. With their expertise and dedication, they ensure that your printing equipment is back in action, saving you time and frustration.
The Printer Repair Services offered by these companies cover a wide range of printer problems, from paper jams and connectivity issues to print quality concerns and error messages. Their skilled technicians possess the knowledge and experience to diagnose and resolve various printer malfunctions efficiently. Whether you have a laser printer, inkjet printer, or an all-in-one printer, they have the expertise to handle it all.
These companies understand the importance of minimizing downtime and ensuring your printing tasks are completed without interruptions. That’s why they strive to provide quick turnaround times for their Printer Repair Services. They value your time and work diligently to get your printer repaired as soon as possible, so you can continue with your essential printing tasks.
Additionally, these professional repair services offer convenience by providing on-site repairs. You no longer need to worry about transporting your printer to a repair shop. Instead, the technicians will come to your location, whether it’s your home or office, and diagnose and fix the issue on-site. This saves you time and effort, allowing you to focus on other important tasks while your printer is being repaired.
Moreover, Appliance Repair Companies in Nairobi and Kenya ensure the highest quality service for your printer. They use genuine replacement parts, ensuring compatibility and reliability. By using original parts, they guarantee that the repaired printer will deliver optimal performance and longevity. You can have peace of mind knowing that your printer is in the hands of skilled professionals who prioritize quality and customer satisfaction.
In summary, when it comes to Printer Repair Services in Nairobi and Kenya, Appliance Repair Companies offer exceptional expertise and prompt service. With their dedication to resolving printer issues and their commitment to customer satisfaction, you can trust them to bring your printer back to life. Don’t let printer problems hinder your productivity – reach out to these professional repair services and experience the convenience and efficiency they provide.
Printer Repair in Nairobi for all Types of Printers
Printers are essential devices used to produce physical copies of digital documents or images. They come in various types, each catering to specific needs and preferences. Here, we’ll explore some common types of printers:
- Inkjet Printers:
- Description: Inkjet printers are one of the most popular choices for home and small office use. They work by spraying tiny droplets of ink onto paper to create high-quality images and text.
- Advantages: Excellent color reproduction, versatility (can print on various paper types), relatively affordable upfront cost.
- Common Uses: General document printing, photo printing, graphics.
- Laser Printers:
- Description: Laser printers use a laser beam to create an electrostatic image on a photosensitive drum, which is then fused onto the paper using heat. They are known for their speed and precision.
- Advantages: Fast printing, sharp text and graphics, low cost per page, suitable for high-volume printing.
- Common Uses: Office documents, reports, business materials.
- All-in-One Printers (Multifunction Printers):
- Description: These printers combine various functions into a single device, typically including printing, scanning, copying, and sometimes faxing. They are versatile and space-saving.
- Advantages: Convenience, cost-effective, space-saving.
- Common Uses: Home offices, small businesses.
- Dot Matrix Printers:
- Description: Dot matrix printers use a series of pins to strike an ink ribbon, transferring characters onto paper by creating patterns of dots. They are quite outdated but still used in specific applications.
- Advantages: Durability, ability to create multipart forms, low cost per page.
- Common Uses: Invoices, shipping labels, industrial applications.
- 3D Printers:
- Description: 3D printers build three-dimensional objects by layering material (often plastic) based on a digital model. They have revolutionized prototyping and manufacturing.
- Advantages: Ability to create physical prototypes, custom manufacturing, complex shapes.
- Common Uses: Product design, healthcare (custom prosthetics), automotive, aerospace.
- Photo Printers:
- Description: These specialized printers are designed to produce high-quality photo prints with exceptional color accuracy and detail.
- Advantages: Outstanding photo quality, support for various photo paper sizes and finishes.
- Common Uses: Photo enthusiasts, professional photographers.
- Large Format Printers:
- Description: Large format printers, also known as wide-format printers, are capable of printing on oversized sheets or rolls of paper. They are used for creating posters, banners, architectural blueprints, and more.
- Advantages: Ability to produce large-scale graphics and documents.
- Common Uses: Architecture, engineering, advertising, art reproduction.
- Thermal Printers:
- Description: Thermal printers use heat to transfer ink or create an image on specially coated paper. There are two main types: direct thermal (no ribbon required) and thermal transfer (uses a ribbon).
- Advantages: Fast, low-maintenance, widely used in point-of-sale systems.
- Common Uses: Receipts, barcode labels, shipping labels.
- Dye-Sublimation Printers:
- Description: Dye-sublimation printers use heat to transfer dye onto a medium such as paper or plastic, resulting in high-quality, long-lasting color prints.
- Advantages: Excellent color accuracy, durability, ideal for photo booths and specialized printing.
Each type of printer has its own strengths and weaknesses, making it important to choose the right one for your specific printing needs. Advances in printing technology continue to improve the quality, speed, and versatility of these devices, offering users a wide range of options to suit their requirements.
Printer Repair in Nairobi for all Printer Brands
Common Brands of Printers
Printers are essential peripherals for both personal and professional use, allowing us to transform digital documents into physical copies. Various brands have established themselves in the printer market, each offering a wide range of models catering to different needs and preferences. Here are some common brands of printers known for their quality and reliability:
- HP (Hewlett-Packard): HP is one of the most recognizable names in the printer industry. They offer a broad spectrum of printers, including inkjet and laser models, suitable for home and office use. HP printers are known for their durability, print speed, and user-friendly features.
- Epson: Epson is renowned for its high-quality inkjet printers, which excel in producing vibrant color prints and sharp text. They are popular choices for photographers and graphic designers due to their exceptional color accuracy. Epson also manufactures versatile all-in-one printers and large-format printers.
- Canon: Canon printers are well-regarded for their superb photo printing capabilities. They are often favored by photography enthusiasts for their ability to reproduce intricate details and vivid colors. Canon offers a variety of inkjet and laser printers for both home and professional use.
- Brother: Brother is known for its reliable and affordable laser and inkjet printers. They are popular in small offices and homes for their efficient printing capabilities. Brother printers are often praised for their low operating costs and high-speed printing.
- Xerox: Xerox is a trusted name in the business world, particularly for their high-performance laser printers and multifunction devices. They are known for their reliability and are often used in demanding office environments.
- Samsung: Samsung offers a range of laser printers and multifunction devices, often praised for their sleek design and user-friendly interfaces. They are suitable for both home and office use, with an emphasis on mobile printing and wireless connectivity.
- Dell: Dell manufactures a variety of printers, mainly laser and multifunction devices. They are known for their durability and compatibility with Dell computers and systems. Dell printers are often chosen by businesses looking for reliable office solutions.
- Lexmark: Lexmark specializes in business-class printers and multifunction devices. They are known for their robust build quality and advanced security features, making them a preferred choice for enterprises and organizations with strict printing needs.
- Kodak: While Kodak is famous for its cameras and photography-related products, they also offer printers, especially designed for photo printing. Kodak printers are favored for their simplicity and focus on producing high-quality photo prints.
- Ricoh: Ricoh is another brand known for its office-centric laser printers and multifunction devices. They are recognized for their advanced document management features and high-speed printing, making them suitable for large corporate environments.
When choosing a printer, it’s important to consider factors such as your specific printing needs, budget, and desired features. Each of these printer brands has its strengths and weaknesses, so it’s a good idea to research and compare models within your chosen brand to find the best fit for your requirements.
PRINTER REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE SERVICES IN NAIROBI KENYA
Our Nairobi Printer Repair Service specializes in all makes and models of Laser printers, HP Designjet Plotter and Photocopier repairs. We offer a same day on site service. All of our engineers are experienced and trained in most models of printers including Hewlett Packard, Epson, Oki, Kyocera, Lexmark, Brother, Ricoh, Konica Minolta and Canon, Sharp, Toshiba. We can also look after photocopiers on an adhoc repair basis or contract managed print service (MPS) agreement.
Our Printer Repair Services
- Laser printer repair in Nairobi Kenya
- Specialist HP Designjet plotter repair and maintenance in Nairobi Kenya
- Maintenance contract for Printers and Copiers, Scanners in Nairobi Kenya
- Onsite printer servicing & repairs in Nairobi Kenya
- Photocopiers same day repairs available in Nairobi Kenya
- Dot Matrix printer repairs -same day repairs available in Nairobi Kenya
- Printer Parts and Consumable sales in Nairobi Kenya
- Large Format Printer Repair in Nairobi Kenya
- Printer Spare Parts Replacement in Nairobi Kenya
- Commercial Copier Printer Repair in Nairobi Kenya
PHOTOCOPIER REPAIRS, SERVICE AND CONSUMABLES
We are a Nairobi based, independent specialist, in photocopier repairs. Our engineers all come highly recommended and provide an outstanding service. We repair all makes and models of photocopier including Sharp, Canon, Kyocera, Ricoh, Utax, Konica Minolta, Toshiba and HP. We service Nairobi, Machakos, Kiambu, Kajiado, Nakuru, Narok, Athi River, Thika, Juja and nearby areas. Once an appointment is booked our engineers will be with you either the same day or next business day.
PRINTER REPAIRS AND MAINTENANCE IN NAIROBI KENYA
Having traded for over 10 years, we pride ourselves on the top-level onsite service we give our customers. We repair all major manufacturers including HP, Xerox, Ricoh, Konica, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson and Brother so whether it’s a one off printer repair or an annual printer service and clean, our highly trained engineers have the knowledge and experience to not only solve all issues but provide cost saving consumables and MPS contracts that can reduce your printing costs moving forward. We are a Nairobi based company and only use professional engineers and technicians for our printer repair and maintenance services. For a free quote please contact us today.
Our HP, OKI,Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer repair service only use local printer engineers that are from the local area. Most faults are solved same or next working day. Even with today’s paperless culture we know just how crucial having a fully-functioning laserjet printer or photocopier on-site can be.
As well as repairing the immediate issue with your HP, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer our local, experienced, engineers will also carry out a muti test-point procedure, identifying key areas where you may have problems in the future. We will provide you with a comprehensive report on the condition of your printer, letting you know well in advance what you might be up against in the months to come.
Our HP, OKI, Samsung,Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer repair callouts are fixed price and include all labour. We offer a comprehensive 3-month warranty on labour and parts for the same fault.
It isn’t just laserjet repair printers we can help with, either. If you’re having problem with your Designjet, scanner, MFD, inkjet or plotter, we can help with those too.
When we’ve finished fixing the problem, we’ll thoroughly clean and reassemble your HP, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer, ensuring no paper jams or unsightly ink stains that tend to accumulate over time. You will be provided with a job sheet for your attention
If you’re interested in booking a HP, OKI, Samsung, Lexmark, Epson or Brother printer repair with us, phone or email us from contact us your details.
We service most models of printers, here are just a few that we repair
- Plotter repairs and Servicing – UK Nationwide onsite service
- EPSON Printer Repairs
- So when you have booked one our engineers, here is what you need to do to get the best result from your Plotter engineers visit.
- Make sure you have enough ink for your plotter, there is nothing worse in paying for a plotter engineer to turn up only to find you have run out of ink.
- Make sure you have spare ink, print heads, paper.
- Next the engineer is normally going to have to take the plotter apart please make sure there is enough room for the engineer to work on the plotter.
- The engineer will need to be able to get around the back of the plotter and will also need somewhere to stack all the cases.
Washing Machine Repair Services in Nairobi: A Comprehensive Guide by RepairKE
In the bustling urban environment of Nairobi, the modern household heavily relies on appliances like washing machines to streamline daily chores. However, these convenient devices are not immune to malfunctions, which can be frustrating for homeowners. This is where RepairKE steps in, offering top-notch washing machine repair services to ensure your appliance is back in optimal working condition. In this article, we’ll delve into common washing machine faults and their repair solutions provided by RepairKE.
Introduction to RepairKE
RepairKE is a leading appliance repair service provider in Nairobi, dedicated to resolving a wide array of household appliance issues. Their team of skilled technicians specializes in diagnosing and fixing washing machine problems efficiently, providing a cost-effective alternative to purchasing new appliances.
Common Washing Machine Faults and Repair Solutions
- No Power or Won’t Start: If your washing machine fails to power on, the problem could stem from a faulty power cord, outlet, or even the machine’s internal power components. RepairKE’s technicians first assess the power source and then diagnose whether the issue lies within the machine’s control board or wiring. A damaged power cord is a straightforward replacement, while internal power component repairs might involve soldering or replacing circuitry components.
- Drainage Issues: A washing machine that doesn’t drain properly can lead to water accumulation and potential damage. Common causes include clogged drain hoses, blocked filters, or malfunctioning drain pumps. RepairKE’s experts unclog hoses, clean filters, and if necessary, replace drain pumps to restore proper drainage.
- Leaking Problems: Leaks can arise from worn-out door seals, damaged hoses, or faulty water inlet valves. RepairKE’s technicians identify the source of the leak, whether it’s from a seal, hose, or valve, and then perform necessary replacements or repairs.
- Excessive Vibrations and Noise: Vibrations and unusual noises during operation often indicate an imbalance or faulty components. The repair team inspects the machine’s leveling, stabilizes it, and checks for damaged shock absorbers, suspension springs, or motor mounts. Replacing these components can significantly reduce vibrations and noise.
- Agitation or Spin Issues: If your washing machine fails to agitate or spin, it could be due to a worn-out drive belt, faulty motor, or issues with the lid switch. RepairKE’s experts replace damaged belts, troubleshoot motors, and repair or replace lid switches to ensure proper agitation and spinning functions.
- Temperature Problems: If your washing machine isn’t reaching the desired temperature, the heating element or thermostat might be malfunctioning. RepairKE’s technicians test and replace these components as necessary to restore proper temperature control during cycles.
- Error Codes: Modern washing machines often display error codes that indicate specific problems. RepairKE’s skilled technicians are trained to interpret these error codes, diagnose the underlying issues, and apply targeted repairs to fix the problem.
Why Choose RepairKE?
- Expertise: RepairKE’s technicians are highly trained and experienced in repairing various washing machine brands and models.
- Convenience: They offer on-site repairs, saving you the hassle of transporting a heavy appliance.
- Quality Parts: RepairKE uses high-quality replacement parts to ensure the longevity of the repair.
- Affordability: Repairing a washing machine is often more cost-effective than replacing it, and RepairKE’s services are competitively priced.
- Timeliness: The team understands the importance of a functional washing machine and strives to complete repairs in a timely manner.
In conclusion, RepairKE’s washing machine repair services in Nairobi provide a comprehensive solution to common appliance issues. From power problems to drainage and temperature issues, their skilled technicians diagnose, repair, and replace faulty components to restore your washing machine’s functionality. Choosing RepairKE means opting for convenience, expertise, and cost-effectiveness, ensuring that your household runs smoothly with a well-functioning washing machine.
WASHING MACHINE FAULT DIAGNOSIS AND ERROR TROUBLESHOOTING TIPS
How to Fix a Washing Machine: Common Washing machine Faults & Problems
Washing Machine Repair in Nairobi, Kenya : Common washing machine problems can range using too much detergent, to water covering your floor. Some are easy fixes and others may require hiring a professional to diagnose and do the repairs. However, in most cases, with a little bit of troubleshooting you’ll be able to at least have a good idea where the problem originated. There’s never a good time for your clothes washer to act up, but taking action sooner vs. later can help keep a small problem from developing into something far greater. We’ve compiled a list of the most common washer problems to help you troubleshoot and plan your next step of resolving your situation.
Common Washer Problems
- Washing Machine Won’t Turn On
- Washing Machine Not Draining Properly
- Washing Machine Will Not Spin and/or Agitate
- Washing Machine Leaking Water
- Washing Machine Does Not Dispense Detergent
- Washing Machine is Shaking and Moving
- Washing Machine is Noisy
- Washing Machine Smells
- Washing Machine Won’t Finish Cycle
As always, whenever you work on electrical appliances, safety should be a top concern. Remove the power source to the washer before troubleshooting or attempting repairs.
1 – Washer Won’t Turn On
If your washing machine doesn’t respond when you turn it on there may be a simple fix. There’s a number of solutions that range for serious to simple, but the best place to begin is with the power supply itself.
The first thing to check is if your washing machine is getting power. Using a multimeter check the outlet voltage. If there isn’t electricity flowing into your washer you’ll need to check your household electrical panel to see if any circuit breakers may have been tripped.
If there wasn’t a tripped breaker and your outlet isn’t “hot” then the problem may be with the outlet itself. Turn the breaker off and contact a qualified electrician to replace the outlet and troubleshoot the cause.
If the washer’s motor overheated the washer will shut down to allow it to cool before you can start it again. If this happens once or twice it may not be a problem, but if your motor frequently overheats it’s critical to find out what is actually causing this to happen.
- Lid Switch
Washing machines are designed to stop working when the lid is open. The lid switch is a small plastic piece located under the lid. In order for the switch to activate, the lid must be shut. Check to see if the switch is in good repair and properly positioned.
- Timer Knob
Some models require the timer knob to line-up exactly with the control panel graphics. If the knob is slightly out of alignment, the washer won’t run. To check this, simply advance the timer and try to restart the washer again.
#2 – Not Draining Properly
Drainage problems can range from being as simple as a clog in the drain hose to needing to replace a pump. But one thing is certain, when you have a problem with draining you’ll be very aware . . . the mess on the floor may be your first and only clue!
- Drain Hose
Many times a clogged drain hose is the reason your washer isn’t draining properly. Remove the hose and visually inspect it for clogs. A garden hose can be used to flush any stubborn blockages from the hose.
Here are some other things to look for:
Check the drain hose for kinks.
Check any lint filters that may be in or on the drain hose.
Are you having problems with the home’s drain system?
The drain hose should be above the level of water in the drain tub.
Is the standpipe a minimum of 1-1/4″ in diameter?
Is the drain hose sealed into the standpipe? If this is the case, back-siphoning can occur. It should never be sealed.
The standpipe should be less than 96″ in height.
- Drain Pump
If you suspect that your drain pump is jammed, you’ll need to drain your tub then disconnect and inspect the hoses for foreign objects. Don’t forget to check the pump inlets. You may need to remove the pump from the washer in order to get a good look.
If you are having problems with your pump, there’s a chance that it may have locked up and seized. The motor will continue to run and attempt to turn the pump. If the pump is belt-driven, the belt will burn through or break, there is even a chance that the pulley could break. Things can go from bad to worse if the motor continues to run with tension on the belt, which can cause the motor to seize. Another possible issue could be that the bearings seized on the pump, or it may have become jammed by a pen, coin or sock. It’s also possible that the impeller blades have broken. In most cases, a new pump will fix the problem.
- Foreign Objects
If items such as socks, pens and coins get wedged between the basket and the tub, or become lodged in the pump, the washer’s ability to drain properly will be greatly reduced and even can come to a full stop. You’ll need to open the cabinet to gain access so that you can search for any obstructions.
If too much detergent is used there will be far too many suds. Too many suds will prevent the washer from draining in a timely manner.
#3 – Will Not Spin and/or Agitate
There’s a number of things that can prevent your washer from spinning correctly. Unfortunately, you’ll most likely need to open the cabinet in order to properly troubleshoot the problem. Let’s start with the easy fixes first, because sometimes the problem is as simple as the washer being in a soak cycle!
- Too Large of Loads
A washing machine will become unbalanced if there are too many clothes being washed in the same load. An overloaded machine will become unbalanced and not properly spin. This can also occur if the clothes are not evenly distributed within the basket. If this is your problem, you’ll need to adjust the load during the cycle to help your washer balance. You can do this either by removing all of the clothes and replacing evenly within the basket or simply moving them within the basket so that they are evenly distributed.
- Switches and Settings
The lid switch is located inside the cabinet near the door frame, and it’s designed as a safety precaution to keep hands from entering a spinning washer basket. A faulty switch will prevent the washer from running. If the switch is bad, it will need to be replaced. You can also check the setting to ensure that the speed selector switch is properly positioned. It should not be set between different speeds.
- Drain Pump
It’s possible that a foreign object is lodged in the drain pump. You’ll frequently hear a humming sound when the washer is full of water if this is your problem.
A washing machine has a number of belts and as they wear, they can show signs of damage and even break. If you notice a belt that is showing signs of wear, you should replace it with a new one. If your problem was due to a broken belt, be sure the check that the pulley hasn’t seized. The belt may not have been the root problem. If the pulley seized, it will usually cause the belt to break. If you replace the belt, but not fix the pulley, you’ll have the same problem in the very near future.
The main drive motor is responsible for spinning and agitating the basket. The washer motor creates the spinning directly, and frequently with the use of a clutch. Within the washer’s transmission there’s a crank type gear with connecting rods that cause the basket agitate.
If there is little or no agitation, the splines that connect the agitator to the drive shaft could be stripped and in need of replacement. In some washers a reversing motor is used. If you notice that your basket spins perfectly in one direction, but in the opposite direction it won’t work all you may need to replace the motor. Unless you are comfortable doing this, it is probably best to contact a professional. A coupler is used to connect the motor to the transmission. Over time, this part will wear and need to be replaced.
If you suspect a transmission or clutch issue, it is generally best to contact a professional as these can be relatively complex problems.
#4 – Washer Leaking Water
Beyond the mess that a leaking washer makes, the problem doesn’t always mean an expensive repair bill. Many times the solution is an easy fix or an inexpensive part.
- Drain Hose
When a washer leaks only during the spin cycle the likely cause is the drain hose.
Check the connections on the hose to ensure they are secure. Check the condition of the drain hose, it should be free of cracks and damage. Check the drain hose for any clogs. You might just find your missing sock! Check the drain hose where it attaches to the washer. There should not be any cracks or leakage, if there is, you may be able to cut the end and re-clamp the hose. Although, you may want to consider purchasing a new one.
- Fill Hose
The fill hoses could also be the culprit. Read our extensive article on fill hoses HERE.
Check that the fill hoses are in good repair and are securely in place. However, they should not be over-tightened. Whenever these hoses are removed a new rubber washer should be used when they are being put back in place. If a new rubber washer wasn’t used, the problem could be the washer.
- Water-Inlet Valve
Check the water-inlet valve for leaks. There may be a build-up of rust or mineral deposits within the valve, or it may be faulty and need to be replaced.
- Too Much Detergent
If you have hard water and use a water softener, your leakage problem may be the result of over-sudsing. Hot- and soft-water use less detergent to effectively clean than cold- and hard-water. Reducing how much detergent you use may eliminate an over-sudsing issue.
When you have too many suds and they “spill over” it may appear that you have a leak. The sudsy overflow can be resolved by reducing the amount of detergent you’re using.
- Door Seal (front-load)
Front-load washers frequently develop leakage around the door seal as this is a common area for debris to build-up. Over time, the build-up will reach a level where the door will not be able to properly seal and water will be able to seep out. Generally, you can solve this problem by carefully cleaning the seal.
- Drain Pump
Drain pumps have a seal on the pulley that will often leak due to wear. Many pumps are designed with a weep hole allowing the water to drip out as the seal begins to fail. So, whether you find a small amount of water or a flood near your drain pump, you may have uncovered the source of the leak. The pump will need to be rebuilt or replaced.
- Drains and Hoses
If you notice intermittent leaking when the washer is flushing, the problem may be with the plastic bleach dispenser. Bleach is an extremely corrosive chemical and it can cause plastic parts from the bleach dispenser to crack or even break off. In which case it will need to be replaced. The use of large amounts of liquid chlorine bleach can pit and rust stainless steel components. Consider using oxygenating bleach. It’s less harsh for your washer, although it should be noted that it’s not as effective at getting your whites bright.
If the tub is the cause of your leak, your options are limited. When a tub develops a hole from rubbing while off balance or other from reasons, the best choice is usually to purchase a new washer. Replacing the tub usually isn’t cost effective. However, you could try sealing the leak with an epoxy. If nothing else, it may buy you a little time.
- Tub Seal
The main tub seal is located where the outer tub connects to the transmission. If you suspect that this is your problem it is usually best to contact a professional as it can be a very difficult job. You may want to weigh the pro’s and con’s of replacing the seal vs purchasing a new washer.
#5 – Does Not Dispense Detergent
If you have an automatic detergent dispenser there are two common issues that can cause this problem.
The dispenser needs to be cleaned – Clean the dispenser monthly with a cup of warm distilled white vinegar. Pour the vinegar into the dispenser and run the washer thru a regular cycle. Any built-up residue or clogs will be flushed thru and your dispenser should work as good as new.
Incorrect product – Using the right product can make all the difference in the world. If your washer was designed for liquid bleach, using a powder bleach can clog the dispenser and lines. Check your owners manual to find the type of product designed for your unit.
Tools to repair washing machine
#6 – Washer is Shaking and Moving
It might seem alarming when your washer is making noises and moving around, but the solution is generally pretty simple.
If the floor isn’t level your clothes washer will definitely jump around. Many of the wash cycles, such as spin, can easily thru the unit into a shaking and banging mode, and if the washer is sitting on an uneven floor it will even add to the movement.
Fortunately, this is an easy fix. Position the washer on a piece of 3/4″ plywood. You can use shims if needed to bring the plywood to a level surface, but usually the plywood will do the trick.
Washer Feet Improperly Positioned
Washing machines are designed to be adjusted to the floor surface so that they sit level and do not rock. The 2 front legs have a leveling mechanism with a lock nut to secure it in place. Adjust each leg to the correct height and tighten the lock to keep the leg from moving. There shouldn’t be any movement in the front 2 legs once they are set.
The back 2 legs may have the same design as the front or they may be self-adjusting. If they are self-adjusting, tilt the washer forward onto it’s front legs so that the rear legs are roughly 3″ in the air. Then set the unit down to allow the legs to automatically adjust.
Load is Unbalanced
If your laundry is off balance you’ll need to open the washer and adjust the load. You may need to make a couple of attempts in order to get it balanced again.
Washing too many clothes in a load can exceed the maximum load weight and cause the washer to go off-balance. Check your owners manual for load size recommendations, but as a general rule, the clothes shouldn’t be packed too tightly allowing them room to move freely.
#7 – Washer is Noisy
A noisy washer could be as simple as a foreign object being somewhere it shouldn’t, or it could be a clue that a part needs to be replaced. First rule out the simple fixes, which are listed below, and then read our extensive article on the causes and solutions for a noisy washer.
A gurgling sound could be an indication that something is obstructing the drain line, but not enough to fully clog the hose. Remove the blockage to prevent it from becoming a full blown clog which will most likely cause a flood.
If you hear a clicking sound you may have an object lodged in the washer drain. You may have inadvertently missed a coin or other item left in a pocket. Check your drain and remove any foreign objects.
Buzzing or Humming
A foreign object may be lodged in your pump if you are hearing a humming or buzzing noise. If an object finds it’s way into the pump it’s not uncommon for the pump to jam. You may need to replace your pump if there was serious damage, but often just removing the object will solve the problem.
#8 – Washer Smells
It’s not uncommon for a washer to develop a musty or mildew smell. This can occur either in or around the appliance, and it’s an indication of mold and bacteria growth. The washer tub provides a perfect dark, moist area for mold and bacteria to thrive.
All washers develop what is called a “bio-film” which is decaying matter that’s always damp. Some washers are more prone to this build-up than others. Over time it’ll begin to smell and if left untreated, the smell can spread into your laundry. In worst case situations, it can even cause the laundry room and other nearby rooms to smell. Read our article on how to remove this odor from your washer. A good habit to develop is to clean your washing machine every month, and be on the lookout! Periodically check the area around your washer for mold or mildew. If your walls, cabinets or other areas show signs of mold or mildew growth there may be an issue with moisture that needs to be addressed.
Too much detergent will create excessive suds and a dirty residue will build within the basket and other washer parts.
Use the correct amount of detergent and fabric softener. This is probably the best defense simply because it’s actually limiting the food supply.
Hot water will help dissolve the layer of bio-film. A hot soak or wash on your final load can be a great preventative measure, especially if you prefer washing in cold water.
If you have a reoccurring mold problem or you don’t use your washer frequently, you can run a second rinse cycle when you’re doing laundry to help prevent mold and mildew growth.
Drain Pump Filter
The drain pump filter should be cleaned once a month, but few homeowners perform this task unless there’s a problem. Frequently coins and other small items get caught in this filter and cause the water flow to slow creating an ideal location for mold and mildew growth.
#9 – Washer Won’t Finish Cycle
This is an easy problem to troubleshoot. If your washer continues running even after the cycle should have finished, it most likely means that the timer is defective. Remove the control panel and check the timer contacts for corrosion or scorching. A new timer will fix this problem.
Microwave Oven Repair in Nairobi
Are you in need of reliable Microwave Oven repair services in Nairobi? Look no further! Our experienced team of technicians is here to provide top-notch repairs for all your microwave oven issues in Nairobi and its surrounding areas.
Common Microwave Oven Problems
Microwave ovens are an essential part of every modern kitchen, but they can develop various problems over time. Some of the most common issues include:
- Microwave not heating: If your microwave is running, but the food remains cold, there might be an issue with the magnetron, high voltage diode, or capacitor. Our skilled technicians can diagnose the problem accurately and replace the faulty components to get your microwave working efficiently again.
- Unusual noises: Strange noises coming from your microwave during operation can be a sign of a worn-out stirrer motor or a faulty drive bushing. Our experts can quickly identify the source of the noise and perform the necessary repairs.
- Microwave buttons not working: When the control panel buttons stop responding, it can be due to a faulty control board or damaged membrane switches. Our technicians have the expertise to fix these electronic components, restoring full functionality to your microwave oven.
- Sparking inside the microwave: If you notice sparks inside the microwave while in use, it could indicate an issue with the waveguide cover or a damaged diode. Ignoring this problem may lead to more significant hazards, so it’s crucial to have it checked and repaired by professionals promptly.
Reliable Repair Solutions
When you encounter any of the problems mentioned above or any other issue with your microwave oven, our Microwave Oven repair service in Nairobi is your go-to solution. We offer:
- Experienced Technicians: Our team comprises skilled technicians who have extensive experience in repairing various microwave oven brands and models. They stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and repair techniques to deliver the best service possible.
- Quality Replacement Parts: We understand the importance of using genuine and high-quality replacement parts for microwave repairs. That’s why we source parts from reputable suppliers to ensure the longevity and reliability of the repairs.
- Prompt Service: We value your time and strive to provide efficient and timely repairs. Once you schedule an appointment with us, our technicians will arrive on time and work diligently to fix your microwave oven.
- Customer Satisfaction: Our ultimate goal is customer satisfaction. We guarantee our repairs, and if you face any issues after the service, you can count on us to address them promptly.
Don’t let a malfunctioning microwave oven disrupt your daily routine. Whether you are a homeowner or a business owner in Nairobi, our Microwave Oven repair services are just a call away. Contact us today to schedule a repair service or to get more information about our reliable repair solutions. Say goodbye to microwave problems and hello to hassle-free cooking!
Microwave Oven Repair in Nairobi for all common brands and Models
Here are some of the widely recognized microwave brands that we repair for our clients in Nairobi and around Kenya:
- Panasonic: Panasonic is a reputable brand known for producing a wide range of home appliances, including microwaves. They offer various models with different features and capacities.
- Samsung: Samsung is a global electronics giant that manufactures a diverse lineup of consumer electronics, including microwaves. Their microwave ovens often come with innovative features and stylish designs.
- LG: LG is another prominent brand that offers microwaves with advanced technology and user-friendly features. They are well-regarded for their reliability and performance.
- Whirlpool: Whirlpool is a trusted name in the home appliance industry, and their microwaves are no exception. They provide microwaves with smart functionalities and easy-to-use controls.
- Sharp: Sharp is a well-established brand that has been producing microwaves for decades. They are known for their sleek designs and efficient cooking performance.
- Bosch: Bosch is a reputable brand that manufactures a variety of kitchen appliances, including microwaves. Their microwaves often feature modern designs and advanced cooking options.
- Kenmore: Kenmore is a brand that produces a range of appliances and is particularly popular in North America. Their microwaves offer reliable performance and come in various sizes.
- Haier: Haier is a global brand that offers a wide range of home appliances, including microwaves. They provide budget-friendly options without compromising on quality.
- GE Appliances: General Electric (GE) produces a range of kitchen appliances, including microwaves. Their microwaves are known for their durability and versatility.
- Electrolux: Electrolux is a well-known brand that offers microwaves with innovative features and stylish designs. They cater to various cooking needs and preferences.
Remember that when purchasing a microwave, it’s essential to consider your specific requirements, such as the microwave’s size, power, features, and budget. Additionally, reading customer reviews and seeking recommendations can help you make an informed decision about the best microwave brand for your needs.
Microwave Oven Repair in Nairobi for all common microwave errors and problems
Microwave ovens, like any other electronic appliances, can encounter problems and errors over time. Here are some common microwave problems and errors you may encounter:
- Microwave not heating: One of the most common issues with microwaves is when they appear to be running, but the food doesn’t heat up. This problem could be caused by a faulty magnetron (the component responsible for generating microwave energy), a defective high voltage diode, or a malfunctioning capacitor.
- Microwave plate not rotating: If the turntable inside the microwave doesn’t rotate, it can result in uneven heating. The problem might be due to a worn-out or misaligned turntable motor or a broken turntable roller guide.
- Sparking or arcing inside the microwave: Sparking inside the microwave can be a dangerous issue and should be addressed immediately. It can occur when the microwave is running with metal objects inside or if the waveguide cover is damaged.
- Unusual noises during operation: If your microwave is making strange noises while in use, it could indicate issues with the stirrer motor, drive bushing, or faulty door switch.
- Microwave buttons or touchpad not working: When the control panel buttons or touchpad fail to respond, it can be due to a faulty control board, damaged membrane switches, or issues with the display.
- Microwave displaying error codes: Modern microwaves may show error codes when something goes wrong. The meaning of these codes varies depending on the model and manufacturer. Consult your microwave’s user manual to identify the specific error code and its corresponding solution.
- Door not sealing properly: If the microwave door doesn’t seal properly, it can lead to radiation leakage, which is a significant safety concern. The door’s latch or hinges may be damaged, preventing it from closing securely.
- Microwave not powering on: When your microwave shows no signs of life, it could be due to a faulty power cord, blown fuse, or issues with the door switch.
- Burning smell or smoke: If you notice a burning smell or smoke coming from the microwave, immediately stop using it and unplug it from the power source. This could be caused by damaged internal components, faulty wiring, or food debris caught in the microwave.
If you encounter any of these problems or errors with your microwave, it’s essential to prioritize safety and have it inspected and repaired by a qualified technician. Microwaves contain high-voltage components, which can be dangerous to handle without proper knowledge and equipment. Regular maintenance and prompt repairs can help extend the lifespan of your microwave and ensure safe and efficient operation.
Microwave Oven Repair in Nairobi for all Microwave Types
Microwave ovens come in several types, each designed to cater to different cooking needs and kitchen setups. Here are the common types of microwave ovens:
- Countertop Microwave Oven: Countertop microwaves are the most common and widely used type. As the name suggests, they are designed to be placed on kitchen countertops. These microwaves are relatively portable and easy to install. They come in various sizes and power levels, making them suitable for different cooking requirements.
- Over-the-Range Microwave Oven (OTR): Over-the-range microwaves are installed above the cooking range or stove. They serve both as a microwave and a range hood, venting cooking fumes and smoke to the outside. OTR microwaves save valuable countertop space and often come with built-in exhaust fans and lights.
- Built-In Microwave Oven: Built-in microwaves are integrated into kitchen cabinetry or wall units. They provide a seamless and custom look to the kitchen. Built-in microwaves come in various sizes and styles and are a great option for modern kitchen designs.
- Drawer Microwave Oven: Drawer microwaves are installed below the countertop, usually in the lower cabinets. They offer a unique and ergonomic design, allowing easy access to the microwave without having to bend over. Drawer microwaves are a good choice for people with limited mobility or for kitchens with specific design preferences.
- Microwave/Convection Oven Combo: Some microwave ovens come with convection cooking capabilities. These microwave-convection oven combos combine the quick cooking of microwaves with the browning and crisping abilities of convection cooking. They provide greater versatility and can be used for baking and roasting in addition to regular microwave functions.
- Grill Microwave Oven: Grill microwaves come with an additional grilling element, allowing you to grill, toast, or brown food items. They are ideal for preparing dishes like kebabs, sandwiches, and grilled vegetables.
- Solo Microwave Oven: Solo microwaves are basic and standard models that offer essential microwave functions like heating, defrosting, and cooking. They do not have convection or grill features.
- Combination Microwave Oven: Combination microwaves combine microwave, grill, and convection cooking functionalities in a single unit. They offer the most versatility and are suitable for users who want to perform a wide range of cooking tasks with a single appliance.
When choosing a microwave oven type, consider your cooking needs, available kitchen space, and the features you require. Whether you need a simple microwave for reheating leftovers or a multifunctional appliance for elaborate cooking, there’s a microwave oven type to suit every lifestyle.